You know, around this time of year I get super happy. This is mainly due to the change of the seasons. Stupid hot humidity for jerks hits the road and in comes blessed relief in the form of cooler breezes and the...anticipation...of...
Oh snap, they're coming they're coming they're coming WOO HOO!
(I'm slightly okay with the holiday season if you hadn't noticed.) It used to really bug me that stores put out holiday decor halfway through the Summer until I thought, "Wait, I love the holiday season! What's better than a little bit of early ho ho ho?!" I still don't buy anything that early but I do love to cruise the aisles and take in all of the glued on glitter overpriced wonder.
Wait, where was I? Oh right, I've got a Friday Night Fab Five to do! So anyhoo, because of this exciting happy fun time I love so much (Fall! Fall! Fall! Fall!), this week's Fab Five is all about 5 things that make me happy. And not seriously important things like family, country, blah blah blah. I'm talking totally frivolous things that for one reason or another just make me giant grin stupid face happy...so happy in fact that I'm posting this week's Friday Night Fab Five before five! I know, crazy right?
1. Blogs that have word verification turned off: Yes, I know that most people are afraid of spam and what not but there's nothing better than being able to hit "comment" without that stupid box popping up. Plus half the time I get the stupid word wrong and then have to do it again and for some reason the second word is harder than the first one! So I keep getting it wrong and wrong and wrong till finally the system says, "Enough already!" and gives me a verification like, "is" or "me". And from personal experience, I've never gotten one spamish or funky comment since turning it off on my blog...so you're welcome... :P
2. On days like today, when the sky is clear and bright blue, the sun is out and the temperature is perfect you can count on me singing this song and dancing my way to the car (Ask Chris, it's true!):
3. I took this picture today, it makes me happy:
4. The Monkees: Okay, y'all don't even realize the extent of my love for The Monkees. I've seen them in concert three times (all reunion tours obviously) and met Micky Dolenz once. Anytime I hear their music, it doesn't matter how bad my mood is, it never fails to put a smile on my face! This is my all time favorite Monkees song:
5. I'm happy because it's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday and hubby is off of work which means we will be going out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary...while Toot is at home with my mom! Woo hoo!
And that's it for this week! Have a great long holiday weekend everyone! :D
Vikings and the Mummy
12 hours ago