TGIFNFF! (That's "Thank God It's Friday Night Fab Five!") :D
Hi everyone and welcome to this week's Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I am currently obsessed with this week. You know what, I'm going to rewind this week and repost a Fab Five I wrote last year. I thought this would be a great way to share a little bit more about me with all of you that may have missed it the first time (or I'm being totally lazy about writing a new Fab Five, you decide!) :P
Anyhoo, this Fab Five comes to you all the way from April 2009. *shocked gasp* Oh yeah, I went back all the way to April of 09, snap! This was originally titled "This Happened, I Swear!" and includes some humiliating things I experienced that I thought I would repost for your continued enjoyment. :D
So get in your DeLorean, fill up your tank with plutonium (please tell me someone gets that reference) and let's get started! :D
Originally Posted April 2009:
So I had this idea to post 5 things you may or may not know about me for this week's Friday Night Fab Five. I can't decide if this is an awesome idea, an arrogant idea or an idea that I will immediately regret as soon as I hit "publish". I decided to go ahead with it because in the World Of Blogging, nothing is quite as powerful as the feeling you can post whatever you want with no retribution whatsoever. And since I'm power-hungry *rawr* here is this week's Friday Night Fab Five:
1. In the eighth grade, I auditioned for "The New Mickey Mouse Club". I was rejected and as I was leaving the room, the Casting Director stopped me and asked me to sing the song I had prepared. I had one of those, "It's happening!" only-in-Hollywood type of moments until half way through the first verse of my song he stops me and very politely tells me to get out. So had I been able to sing, I may have been a Mousekateer and have my very own "Behind The Music" by now.
2. On picture day in the fifth grade, we had a totally cheesy photographer that was making stupid jokes to get me to laugh. I was trying to hold in the laughs and as a result blew snot out of my nose at the very moment he snapped the picture. Luckily, my class was standing in line behind me and saw the whole thing. Ironically, the class bully came up to me afterwards and said, "Don't worry about it, that kind of thing just happens".
3. When I was around 5 or 6, I was at the grocery store with my mom. They had one of those big glass door freezers that holds bags of ice and I wondered to myself how cold it was in there once the door was closed. As Momma was checking out, I opened the door, climbed in and the door closed behind me. It was then that I realized that I couldn't get the door opened and it was also then that Momma noticed I was gone. I spent a minute or two watching her run back and forth in front of the freezer yelling my name. When she finally saw where I was, she was laughing so hard at me standing on bags of ice looking quite satisfied with myself that the manager had to come and open the door to let me out. P.S.-I was fine and yes, that freezer is cold with the door closed.
4. I have yet to understand why chocolate and potatoes come from plants but they don't help you lose weight. Hello? I figure that's a question I'll ask God while I'm filling my plate at the Potato Bar and Chocolate Buffet in Heaven.
5. When I was pregnant, Chris, Momma and myself went to Babies R Us to look at crib bedding. While there I accidentally farted and instinctively said, "Oops, sorry y'all!" really loud. This wouldn't have been so bad except it was then that I noticed a sales associate sitting directly behind my backside at the special ordering desk. Oops!
And there you have it, this week's (old) Friday Night Fab Five! So you know I have to ask:
What are some of your less than perfect moments?
Getting back into art journaling...
3 hours ago