Monday, March 22, 2010

Dancing With The "Stars" or Why I Am An Awesome Friend

Hello everyone!

You know, I had so much fun writing recaps of Jake's season of The Bachelor and a couple of people asked me if I was going to write recaps for the newest season of Dancing With The Stars. My answer to that question was...well, I can't say what my answer was since we're in mixed company but it involved the letters N and O.

I said no primarily because...well...I've never watched DWTS and quite frankly wasn't really interested in watching it this season, even with Jake being on it. BTW, what is he doing on it anyway? Tenley should have been on it ABC...idiots. Anyhoo, one plea resonated above the rest and it is for her, my fabulousness that is Deb from Sparkling Scrapbooks (and all of you of course) that this post is being uh, posted. (Although Deb really only asked that I watch it not really blog about it but being one to always go above and beyond...You know, I'm just that awesome.)

So for Deb and DWTS lovers everywhere, please to enjoy one woman's view on a show she's never seen before:

"It began 5 years ago..."

Wait, this show has been on for 5 years and 10 seasons?! Holy crap!

Uh oh, 60 seconds in y'all:
My head hurts...

Okay, how bad is it that I don't know who half these people are? And Buzz Aldrin?! Nooooooo! Elementary students and aspiring astronauts everywhere are crying. Hey, you ever get that freeze dried ice cream they sell at museums that are suppose to be what astronauts eat? Yeah, that stuff is gross.

So they introduce everyone and while that is helpful, I'm still stuck on Buzz Aldrin being there and then I got lost somewhere in Pamela Anderson's hair.
Poor guy...remember when you used to be learned about in school? Now you're on a reality TV dancing competition show. Welcome to the new millennium my friend! And what's that I see???
A Bachelor section!!! Wow, that's nice for them to have their own area. You know what would be cool? If there was a "Rock of Love" area and then at some point there's a brawl in the middle of the dance floor between the two sides. Awesome!

Where was I? Oh right, I'm not even through the introductions yet, blurg!

Anyway, Chad OchoCinco (who?) is up first. Wait, we have to watch them practice before they perform? You know, now that I'm watching this, I'm starting to think that this could be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Huh? What? Excuse me, I must have nodded off watching them "practice". Bring on the sequins please! His partner's dress is yuck and if you're just going to raise it the whole time, why wear a skirt at all but if I'm not mistaken, her shoes are glittery. They should win! They name a winner at the end of this episode, right?

Anyhoo, blahdeblahblah from the judges and they send them off to some isolation booth. Geez, now we have to listen to them talk?! This going to take forever!!!

Scores for Chad: 6 - 6 - 6 Oooooo evil!

This is such a weird group of people and just who let Jake wear a friggin' peach bow tie?! Is he going to a 1980s prom with an Under the Sea theme?:
Ooooo Brenda's next!!! Remember the time that they went to prom and her and Kelly both wore the same dress and that night she gave her virginity to Dylan??? Brenda says that she's terrified of judging and if I were the judges, I'd be terrified of her. She scares me.

Hey, is it normal for the audience to "woo" at every little thing the dancers do? It's not like they're doing loop-de-doops or break dancing or anything. She looks like she's going to throw up. She says she's dancing for her dad who had a stroke which is very sweet indeed. One of the judges calls her a monkey. I want that sparkly thing she has in her hair.

Scores for Brenda (a.k.a. Shannon Doherty for you non-90210 fans): 6 - 6 - 6 Wow, this show is pure e-vil!

Hey, even Brooke's microphone is covered in sparkles! I may like this show after all...

Some chick from ESPN is up next. I hope the bra in her performance dress is better quality than the one she's wearing in her intro video. I'm pretty sure she came away with bruises. Anyway, I'm blinded by the banana fringe she's wearing so I'm going to assume she did a good job.

Scores for this chick: 7 - 7 - 7 The cycle of evil has been broken! Wait, does three 7's stand for something evil too? Maybe more evil?

Oh snap, Jake's up in his smart looking peach tie! Oh Lord, he gives his partner a rose. *barf* He says he doesn't think he's a good dancer and he's never been more right in his life. Wait...what are they dancing to? No way, they wouldn't do that..."A Kiss From a Rose"??? Really ABC? How could you allow it, Seal? HOW COULD YOU????????????????????

And what is up with his partner's hair? It's like elegant in the back and then there's some sort of 1990s poof in the front. Bleck. Well, he didn't break her in half with his two left feet so that's something.

Score for Doofus: 7 - 6 - 7

That girl from Clean House is up next. I love the lipstick she has on, very red. Wow, this show is very glittery. She did pretty well and then crushed her partner at the end.

Scores for Niecy: 7 - 5 - 6

Geez, there's really an hour left in this show? Holy Monkees. Some male figure skater is up next. His partner is barely sparkly at all. Meh. Dude, this guy is all arms and legs isn't he?

Sk8tr Boi Score: 8 - 7 -8

Aldrin's up next. Buzz Aldrin. Buzz...Aldrin. Wow. Oh this poor thing will not be on this show long. He's trying so hard counting and everything. To the moon Alice!

Scores for an American Hero *grimace*: 5 - 4 - 5 Our country has sunk to an all new low.

Some girl from the Pussycat Dolls is up next. She looks tiny. I bet I could break her in half over my knee. You know, I was kind of hoping this first episode would be like the first episode of American Idol where all the funny things happen but this is not like that at all. *snore*

Score for the Doll: 9 - 7 - 9

Some guy from "All My Children" is up next. My mom used to watch this show when I was a kid but I don't remember any of the men on that show looking like this guy. Holy crap.

Wait, they're dancing to a cover of "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran??? My adolescent years just burst into flames. Seriously, they got the rights for this? Why God, WHY? *dry heave*

Score for the Hot Guy: 5 - 5 - 5 (Less evil than the first two)

Kate, formerly of Jon Plus 8 is having her turn on the floor and she looks like a lovely pink tree trunk. Note to wardrobe: never give her a drop waist again. Ever. Oh my goodness, that new hair does wonders for her.

Score for the less creepy Octomom: 6 - 5 - 5

Pamela Anderson is up next. She says she's dancing for her Auntie which is too cute. That's it, I want her to win. Hey, when did the Cha-Cha get an extra cha added to it? They keep calling it the cha-cha-cha, has that always been the name? Oh right, they're dancing! She ripped his shirt off...ewwwwww!

Scores for Pamela: 7 - 6 - 8

Andddddd done! I made it through my very first episode of Dancing with the "Stars"! Go me! :D All in all, it wasn't bad. Lots of sparkles and horrible song covers, it really is an 80s prom! BTW, I'm not planning on recapping the rest of the season, this was just for fun (and Deb!) lol

Hey, you know this show and Toot have something in common, did you know that? That common thing happens to be Tom Bergeron who hosts America's Funniest Videos which Toot will BE ON THIS SUNDAY, 3/28th. Check your local listings! :D

21 comments:

  1. hi Maggi,
    "tank you" for letting me know about Toots being on the show, I want to watch her - I know she will be too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My GGGGGGGOD! I almost went to bed and something told me to check my e-mail and I'm so glad I did! I had to cover my mouth with my hand while reading this so I wouldn't wake up AVA because I was DYING LAUGHING Maggi! You are the BEST!!! Thank youuuuuuuu!I knew you would cave and watch!!! HAAA! What a way to break into the show! Jake, lol, ugh! I was surprised to see Brooke Burke- I thought Melissa was co hosting??? What, now Gia and Vienna are BFF's? lol Pam actually rocked it pretty good for her age! That song fit her perfect, and I dont know if she was high or what, but it worked! lol She was actually one my favorites! Maybe it was the pink dress! Aiden, my AMC hottie- poor guy- he didn't do so well. I am in shock Jake's chest was nowhere to be found- wait, maybe it will show for the Cha Cha next week. Chelsea better do something, he needs some help! If nothing else, you got your glitter's worth!!!!! Thanks for the recap, no one does it like you!! I need to copy and paste this and save it to my faves!!!!!! thank youuuuuuuuuuu! YOU my friend are the fabulous one entertaining all of us like this, we love you! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder for Toot, now that I can't wait for!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee u!!! seriously i am in love with u!!! will u marry me????? i need your humor around me all the time.....because god knows I don't have enough crows feet!! lol lol lol lol lol!! :):):):):):) and dude....i totally would pay pay for view prices for a Bachelor vs. Rock of Love brawl on that dance floor!!! and seriously...someone hired Brenda???? iamsosickofher...ugh....really really???? soooooooo when they kick her off...she gonna start her whining again????? lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggi - you KILL me!! This is another show I don't watch regularly - but I LOVE your recaps!!! You gotta do another episode for us ....please!!! You are LOL funny!!! :) Also - congrats to Toot - I can't wait to see her on AFV!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just about recapped every episode of Strictly Come Dancing (which your show is the spin off from if I am not mistaken)and if it follows the format all the way through... it aint gonna get any better ;) More glittery maybe and the proffessional dancers get progressively more orange which is amusing but that's about it! Our daft show goes up against the X-Factor... we watch the X-Factor! You're getting that soon aren't you? Mr Cowell is ditching Pop Idol to bring it over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can only echo what previous commenter said!! Looks as if the X Factor's coming yr way soon -you have been warned!!

    Have a lovely week!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can only echo what previous commenter said!! Looks as if the X Factor's coming yr way soon -you have been warned!!

    Have a lovely week!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This year I found DWTS completely boring...2 hours was way too long. You could have an entire new blog of just recapping tv shows! too funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggi darling sorry I have been a bit absent lately! I am finally getting to catch up, I needed some me time to relax and to get rid of my migraines. I am so glad I was able to find the time to do so. Thanks so much for visiting me, you are a good friend. Wishing you a cheery and happy spring. Take care luv.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a joy and I too got the giggling while reading this and the cat was looking at me like I was a crazy women!!!

    Love the recap!!!

    Have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggi have I told you lately how much I love you? Great recap my friend and the perfect way to start off my day! You're brilliant!!

    OMG Toot on Sunday, I can't wait!!

    Sorry I've been scarce, life is a tad crazy at the moment.

    HAPPY*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * ƸӜƷ SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Maggi, you are filled with joy, sparkles and fireworks. I laughed so much I think I scared my dogs. :-))))))) How do you do it!? Aways such a pleasure to read you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. terrific post - I've never watched DWTS ... and this post is the perfect validation!

    besides - give up "Nurse Jackie" and "United States of Tara?" I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad I don't have TV so I don't get sucked into watching this sh*t. But I am going to miss Toot... you've got to hook me up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be watching for Toot on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you freakin kidding me? I pissed myself, and tears are streaming down my face!! my mom is here and oldest son, and they think I've gone completely mad!! I've never seen this show, and I know, I would hate it if I did, but your recap? PRICELESS!!!

    I WILL WATCH TOOT SUNDAY~~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by from SITS. I don't watch DWTS either, but everyone tweets about it...I'll keep coming back if you keep doing recaps because i think your recap was way better than the show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok...so I don't watch this show either...but I do like it when Joel McHale mocks it on the soup...I did however turn my TV on in time to hear Kate say this is for all the moms out there...this is my gift to you...which I promptly rejected. I don't want anything that girl has to offer.
    THEN...since ABC is one of my favorite buttons...I flipped just in time to hear one of the judges say it was like you were pushing a shopping cart around the dance floor. Oh.My.Gosh...that was so worth it.
    Lol!!!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome and oh so funny!!!! Who needs to watch when we have you to fill us in on the absolutely hilarity and absurdness of it all. :) More, I say, more!!! And thanks for the reminder about sweet Toot - the TV star!!! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. i have been watching AFV all month just for a glimpse of the toot :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails