Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Magical Tin of Mystery! *gasp*

Sometimes an idea for a project comes to you and almost puts itself together and sometimes you have to practically rip your hair out to get anything completed. Lucky for me, the following was the former and not the latter.

Behold, the altered Nintendo DS game tin!

Hmm, not too interesting you say? Ah ha! You've fallen right into my trap! I purposely left the outside of the tin a bit drab all so that you would faint in delight at your first look at the inside! Prepare to hit the floor!

Well, I think it's dramatic anyway. :D Here's a close up of the inside of the lid:

And here's a closer view of the inside of the tin itself:

I was so happy with how quickly this came together. I just love when that happens!!! What's your Saturday looking like?

**Don't forget that Toot will be on America's Funniest Videos tomorrow, 3/28 on ABC at 7:00 PM EST. I'm not sure how much they'll use of our clip but just look for the baby getting the crap scared out of her by a jack in the box (which I'm hoping will break soon so I can alter it. :P)

17 comments:

  1. Haha! You're so funny! :) Loving the crackle paint on the cover and the bold colors inside the tin! Always nice to have a great idea and carry it through! Have a wonderful Saturday Maggi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very glamorous, Maggi! I like that it's very vintage and quiet on the outside, but then when you open it...BAM! Vivid color and girl power! Nice job! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff!

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome, Maggi! Love it :)

    I will definitely be tuning in tomorrow night at 7pm to see Toot as well. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be right back.......sorry had to go set my DVR before I got busy blogging...Can't wait to see Toot!

    This is just a fab project Maggi - it really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever! Love it!

    Thanks for the reminder for tomorrow night! I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *THUD*

    OMG Maggi that is the coolest Nintendo DS tin I have ever seen! It's the only Nintendo DS tin I've ever seen but I have no doubt it is the coolest one on the planet! I adore the little zipper going all around the inside *g* Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maggi,

    I think it's pretty awesome too. Great job. Love it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally cool tin, love the crackle painting and the zipper :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tin Maggi, gorgeous! And I am so excited for tomorrow night! I'm gonna tevo it!!!! Have a great weekend! xOxO d

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh i love this maggi!!! love love love love love that spool of thread!!!! And going to set the dvr right now! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so Perfect Maggi..... I love it and I can't wait to see Toot...I too and setting my DVR right away!!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hit the floor so hard I have a giant bump on my head! Gorgeous Maggi and I love the contrast in color from the outside to the inside...BAM!!! The graphics you used are fabulous!!

    Great job my friend and I can't wait until tomorrow to see Toot!!!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/A101.gif

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this!! Lovin' the crackle paint, the change in colors from out to in, the vibrant colors complementing the fabby words inside, and that hat pin! :>

    Well....you just gave my kidlets the excuse to watch AFV...they'll love you for it...seriously! lol We'll be looking for Toot! :>

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome, I always love looking at your work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails