Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Love and Other Fumes

Hello everyone!

First up, don't even try to pinch this blog, it's wearing green see? ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

***Some quick bookkeeping: If you have my blog in your links list or my button on your site, first of all: THANK YOU! Second, please take a moment to change your link to my new URL: http://justaddglitterandstir.blogspot.com so you won't miss anything. :D I appreciate all of my fabulous readers and the people that take the time to visit me and comment. Thank you so much! :D

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you are well aware of my crafty addiction. Part of that addiction is learning new things constantly which I call my Crafty A.D.D. lol Well, now I can cross one more thing off my list: casting resin. Huzzah!

A while back I found a Resin Candy Sprinkle Jewelry tutorial on Etsy, created by the mucho talented Brigitte at Zombukis Love You. I've been circling it like the proverbial shark for months now. I'm going to get it, no don't get it, let's get it, no better not, must have it! No! and so on and so forth until last week when I finally told everyone to shut up and just bought it.
(Picture used with permission from Zombukis Love You.)

The tutorial comes in a PDF file and is full of information and instructions and is very easy to understand. When you're using chemicals such as these, it's easy to get freaked out and reach for the hazmat suit but Brigitte's tutorial made it fun and the first time I tried, I was instantly addicted.
(Resin curing in the mold.)

Now, the tutorial is for candy sprinkles but y'all know I "love finding new places to wear diamonds" so t0 speak so I was all about using glitter. So sparkly...*drool*

(Another step in the process.)

I'd say the only thing frustrating about this process is the waiting. Lots and lots of waiting. But with finished results like these, I'm cool with it.

I even tried to get fancy and stick things in different pieces. It's been so much fun trying out different things, what looks cool, what the resin destroys. lol

Needless to say, this has become a staple crafty project for me. Not sure what I'll do with these babies yet but it's always nice to be surrounded by things that sparkle! If you've been thinking about trying to cast resin, I highly suggest buying Brigitte's tutorial which you can find in her Etsy shop or if you just want some fab resin jewelry for yourself, she is currently having a 20% off sale on all of her resin jewelry so be sure to check that out too!

If you'd like a couple of the pieces I have made, don't forget to enter my "I Can Name That Layout in One RAK" contest, no limit on entries!

What is a craft you've always wanted to try?

30 comments:

  1. Really love the "Toot" one - spectacular!!

    Have a lovely St Patrick's Day, dear Maggi!

    btw Do you believe in true love? Would love to hear what you think over at my place!

    Is he Mr Right or just another one-night stand?

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are BEAUTIFUL! You are just so crafty - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO crafty!! I love it!

    I just wish I loved to scrap. I will spend hours on Photoshop on the cpu but cutting and arranging- I can't do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRAVO!!!!!! You did an outstanding job Maggi!!!! I can't wait to see these show up on your fab projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaaaaaaaw! Corrrr! Gorgeous! It's on the list, it's on the list. loving all these but especially the Toot one :D I don't see any ladybirds... should they be looking over their little ladybird shoulders just yet? *g*

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s I haven't listed a craft I want to try as to list a craft I DON'T want to try would be shorter :P Um how about bogey moulding, knitting with human hair, those are crafts I DON'T want to try... I think everything else is pretty much open to me being happy clappy and chasing after it *g*

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'd never heard of this but it's awesome - love the toot and the ones with stuff floating in them :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO! Another new thing to try. Yes, I need to add this to my list of things to try too. They turned out beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh maggi this is sooo cool! love it! you are so stinkin creative@@!!

    hugs,
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. And it IS always good to be surrounded by sparkly things. :) Happy St. Patrick's Day. Stop by and register for my giveaways if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girlfriend..you make me smile...I am doing the same with a Blog I saw on making your own buttons out of clay....do I really need to do this...and now you introduce me to this!!!

    I LOVE ALL THE GOODIES....anything sparkly is a GOOD THING!!!

    Wishing you a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. be careful where you leave them, they really look good enough to eat! great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Maggi, your resin pieces look fantastic and soo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see these show up on your fab projects!!!!
    work at home in india

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really great, Maggi. I love all of them. All that glitter makes me smile. :)
    Have a great night!
    ♥ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Maggi,
    These little fab projects are so freakin cute and glittery..I see why you are in love!! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee these maggi!!! that TOOT one is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! I love them Maggi! I so wanna try this technique now!:)

    I've always to incorporate quilling in my projects..

    ReplyDelete
  19. You def. had more success than I did my "first time" with resin - I have to check out that tutorial! I am trying to make a Bangle mold to cast resin in - but alas none worth showing yet...grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, so that is really cool. I have been known to have a bit of a crafting problem too. Love it.

    Stopping by from SITS today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. whoa ~ those are radddddddddd!!! i wanna try!!!! happy st patricks day errr,,, yesterday i mean,,,, ;-) following the new blog,,, you know, because youre a rock star!!!
    {xoxo} ally

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe you nailed those, and so quick!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! The sprinkle ones are sooooo cute! I just love this stuff! I'm so glad you can make them now, lol!There is no way in hell I'd ever attempt that!!!!!! Too scary for me! Get an etsy store up and quick! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  23. How adorable! I can see those turned into some mighty cute jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Maggi, got all changed over to your new url, wouldn't want to lose you. Admire your crafty talents - very creative lady you are and such a dear , sweet Mother and Friend.
    GO MAGGI GO MAGGI :)
    HOPE LITTLE TOOTS is behaving and giving you lots of love. THANK YOU SO MUCH SWEETIE for always visiting my blog and your comments - much appreciated.
    Happy Spring break ....God Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wooow! so cuuute crafts!!
    Your blog is really fantastic<33

    ReplyDelete
  26. me again, an award for you!

    http://justahappyhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/03/friday-fragments-for-319.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, they look delicious! So pretty, I have never seen anything like it! I hope you had a great St.Patric's Day! :-))) Wishing you wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always wanted to make some of this candy sprinkles but doubt so nice you found the tutorial in Etsy! Wonderful work:)
    Enjoy with you coming new piece with these lovely candies sprinkles*teehee*

    xoxo
    ♥zoe♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are awesome!!! I've always wanted to try quilting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails