Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Night Fab Five: Clean and Dirty

Hi everyone and welcome to this week's Friday Night Fab Five where I talk about 5 things I'm digging at the moment. Let's get it going:

1. Spartacus: Blood and Sand

(Image from the Starz Spartacus site)

This original show from Starz has everything! (If you're a Smarty McTarty with Netflix, you can stream all of the episodes) And when I say "everything", I mean blood, guts, boobs and other things I didn't think you could even talk about on TV, much less show it. Warning: this show is ultra violent and ultra naughty. Things I've said out loud said while watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand (not all at the same time of course):

"Oh SNAP!"
"Is that his...EWWWWWWW!"
"Kick his butt!"
"Oh my..."
"For Pete's sake, just die already!!!"
"Where is her underwear for crying out loud?!"
"Fade to black! Dear Lord in Heaven, fade to black!!!"

Yes, I watch this show like a 12 year old boy.

2. Pledge Fabric Sweeper
(Image from Pledge.com)

Those with pets know what a major pain it is to have pet hair all over the furniture and what not. If you have not tried this handy little bit of magic, go out and buy it right now. This disposable fabric sweeper is AWESOME. And I'm not even on Pledge's payroll. Seriously, I love this thing.

3. This Toy

(Image from my camera :P)

I got this toy at a thrift store and it's going right up on a shelf in my creative crafty space. It makes me happy to look at it. :)

4. A Quilt-A-Long!

Button

I found out about this quilt-a-long from...uh...crud, it was a blog...hmmmm. Okay, I can't remember, but someone just made a quilt playing along with i have to say, if it was you please leave a comment and remind me! lol

Anyhoo, the instructions seem pretty simple so I think I'm going to give this a go at some point this year.

5. Toot in a Cooler

What? She wanted to be in there!

So there you have it, another Friday Night Fab Five! Okay, so maybe Spartacus was the only "dirty" thing listed but the title was catchy and believe you me, Spartacus doesn't need anything else dirty listed with it, it stands just fine on its own.

What are your favorites this week?

16 comments:

  1. The pledge thing is pretty handy, but I end up use one of those sticky tape lint roller things too :-) I'd love to see Spartacus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggi! Awesome commentary on Spartacus...I have found myself saying similar things out loud when watching other shows. Such as my fave, The Tudors. I did indeed having running commentary upon the premiere Sunday evening. Oh the joys of cable TV!!! LOL So, things I am loving: The Tudors, the return of GLEE, pretty beads on sale at 50%, the new Natalie Merchant CD (all poems set to beautiful music), working on my new crafty projects, going to see the movie "Date Night."
    Have a wonderful weekend!!! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen Spartacus, I need to start watching, damn! And Toot in a cooler, that is the most precious picture!!!!!!! have a great weekend Maggi! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toot in a cooler!! that is sooooooooooooooo stinkin' cute!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this list! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girllll....I am SOOOOOO INTO SPARTACUS TOO!!!! Love it and yes...giggling at the 12 year old boy comment......aaaaahhhhhhh! I'm sooo on TEAM SPARTACUS! I loved the fab 5!....he he...toot in the cooler!!!! I love seeing those beautiful brown eyes! Have a great weekend!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Toot always steals your post!!! She is just toooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love toot in the cooler LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did they even have underwear in those days? Pretty sure they just let it all hang out, a flapping in the breeze :P :P

    My favourites this week... hmmm, finally scrabbling (almost) to the top of the unread blog/emails pile, sunshiiiiiiiine, discovering I do actually possess willpower and can say NO get back ye harlot of a temptress to the choccie biccies ;) annnnnd, my magical Maggie being all better and back in Blogland! Wooohooooo! Oh and Jace Everett *heavy breathing* Who I'm going to see in a quite small venue in May! *even heavier breathing*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Spartacus fanatic here! Love it - is there anything as much fun as trashy flashy totally-revised history with lots of nudity, violence and foul language? We always read the disclaimer in the beginning out loud.

    My favorite household product-of-the-moment is Fabreze-scented Mr. Clean eraser pads. My former favorite household product of the moment was my Swiffer. But it's gotten boring - and it doesn't smell as good as Fabreze-scented Mr. Clean eraser pads.

    My favorite toy is Silly Putty. Always has been and still is!

    DOn't like making quilts from patterns. I always figure: My quilt, my rules!

    I have nothing as adorable as that Toot in my home! Though Dusty is a darned close second!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read that Spartacus was pretty wild - now I am even more intrigued. :) I seriously have to try that fabric sweeper now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! That pledge thing does look handy and I just love that toy. And Toot is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got my little tootie fix, so sweet in the previous post too.

    That was hilarious about the tv series, I say stuff like that too, whilst contorting my face going Noooo! That lead guy in the pic looks like an aussie actor.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blog. Stopping by from SITS. I haven't watched Spartacus, but think I need to start !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your description makes me want to check out Spartacus. Does that make me wrong?

    Anyhoo, checked out your Alchemy link. Super cool. I am still looking for productive ways to channel my craft addiction. Your stuff looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I NEED one of those pledge pet hair things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome fab five, I love Toot in a cooler!!! And I need some of those fabric sweeper thingys! My long haired chihuahua sheds to much :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails