Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Night Fab Five: Happy Happy Joy Joy

Hi everyone! :D

First some business: Thanks to you all that stopped by yesterday during the Gauche Alchemy blog hop! I so appreciate your support and sweet comments! The winner of my Color Kits grab bag is....Jacque4u2c! Yay! I'll be sending out your prize next week! :D

And so now I can welcome you to this week's Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things this week that I adore. You know, today has been kind of yucky. Toot doesn't feel well, I don't feel well and the whole day has been blah. So for this week's Fab Five, I wanted to highlight 5 things that make me happy. :D

1. This Ad
I so enjoy reading Tristan's blog, Enchanted Revelry and he included this vintage ad in his post, "Things You Need to See, Things You Hope to Never See..." and it makes me happy.

2. Sunshine

(Picture from GiaGia's Flickr)

Spring has come and although looks like it's already headed out since it's over 80 degrees today, I so love bright warm-but-not-too-hot sunny days. On days like that, I always sing this song:


3. Arrested Development
(picture from amazon.com)
This show only lasted 3 seasons on Fox but oh...so funny. And now all three seasons are streaming on Netflix. Bliss!

4. Glitter


I guess this would go without saying since the word "glitter" is in my blog title but still...Glitter makes me happy.



5. Pullip Dolls

Not the cheapest hobby to have but I've been lucky enough to be able to have two lovely Pullip dolls in my collection. And yes, I may be too old to "play with dolls" in the strictest sense but, well...you know. :D

So that's it for this week's Friday Night Fab Five! What makes you happy this week?

23 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you and Toot aren't feeling well :-( I hope you're both better soon!

    70+ degree weather in April makes me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes me happy? Our anniversary today! My husband wanted us to marry on 1 April (a really convenient date at that time work-wise) but I said everybody would think it was an April Fool's joke so we married a day later instead!

    Hope you're all better & have a great Easter!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you and little Toot aren't feeling well. The weather has been so lovely, and it's not fun to be ill when it's like this. Sending well wishes - with a dust of happy glitter - your way. I enjoy reading Tristan's blog...he is always so much fun. Believe it or not, I never saw Arrested Development - although I've seen a ton of other shows and films
    that all the stars have appeared in. What is making me happy: a nice sunny weekend, a day date with the hubby, and time with the parents this weekend. :) Feel better soon!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, you guys feel yucky too- I hope it doesn't last long, ugh!!!
    And damn, thanks a LOT Maggs... "Sunshine Day!" craaaaaaap!
    Now I'll be singing that damn song all weekend!!!! You're evil! ;)hehehehe Hope you both feel better soon, Happy Easter! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope u guys feel better have have a SUNSHINE day!
    (thanks for the great song going in my head which hasn't been there in over 20 yrs lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. * Shoo! Go away bug!*

    I love Arrested Development...it's actually very clever...:)

    Hugs and sunshine to you and Toot! Drink plenty of fluids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your list and CONGRATS JACQUE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting rid of my migraine would make me very happy this and every week!! Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this selection :D
    Hope you have a fab easter weekend with your family daaaaaaahling.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggi, I am so sorry to hear that you and Toot do not feel all that well. Hoping for speedy recovery for both of you! I love your Fab Five choices!:-) When it comes to me my Fab Faves are:
    1. Working with hats (new Summer collection)

    2 Working in my garden.

    3. Walking with Little Mo (my 170lb. Newfoundland puppy)

    4.Smell of Spring.

    5.New beautiful shoes I bought this week :-)

    I am wishing you wonderful weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!! WOOT! WOOT!

    I have been feeling blah too, hopefully we will be over it soon!!!

    I love your list, I always love your lists!!!

    Katelyn and I have a package for you too!!!! We will send it out in a couple days!!!! (;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by, now following.

    I love how you met your husband on Xbox Live!! too cool. =D


    Awesome top 5! I like glitter myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you and Toot are feeling better.

    Happy*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * ƸӜƷEaster my Sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arrested Development.. one of the most underrated shows of all time. Everyone was great on that series!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for adding a little glitter to my week. And hope the Easter Bunny left special treats in your basket today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog and it looks so--glittery! I'm stirring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Ad is gorgeous! it reminds me of lipstick I got in hopes that I can eventually wear it in Miami. haha
    Love the glitter, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you and toot are feeling better this week! And I am so LOVING that ad - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Gorgeous!
    Arrrgg...admire your new look again:) it's stinkin' cute! I would enjoy music and eating which really makes me happy and relax....
    Enjoy your lovely week!
    xoxo
    ♥zoe♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. can not wait for the Arrested Development movie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome fab 5....arrested developement is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That ad totally made me smile :)



    Stop by my blog for a full week of giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails