Monday, April 12, 2010

Hooked Up

Hi everyone!

We spent a few days at my mom's house and we had a blast despite Chris not feeling so well. He decided to share the love as I've gotten sick and am so miserable. Ugh. lol But I wanted to come out of my fog of disease to share some fun news: I've been published!

A couple of months back I discovered the most fab crochet magazine, Crochet Today and fell in love. They mix old and new crochet patterns that are easy to understand and it's just an all around fun magazine. It's hard for me to find mags that I find interesting enough to read cover to cover, much less ones that I read cover to cover every issue. Enter Crochet Today. I just love it and if you're looking for a good crochet magazine, this is the one I recommend.

So I am so enamored of this sweet magazine that I wrote to the editor and basically told them what I just told you and gushed for about a mile about how much I adore them. Well guess what? I'm in their current issue!

(Image from crochettoday.com)

See???

My name in print! That's the same as my name in lights, right? ;) AND I got a free year's subscription, huzzah! Plus, their cover model is one of the models that was on Project Runway this current season! (Love that show!) How cool is that?! lol The issue my letter was printed in has about 10 patterns I want to try and I recently finished the first one, this monkey:

What? No, not that monkey! This monkey:


Alas, this monkey is not staying with me but getting ready to be mailed off to a new home. He got the Toot Seal of Approval and trust me, that is a hard seal to get. ;)


The next thing I'm working on is something I'm making to give away here on my blog so stay tuned for that. :D

So it just goes to show, if you have a favorite product, magazine or what have you, write them and tell them about it, you never know what might happen! :D

Have a great day everyone!

27 comments:

  1. Maggie! That's awesome, SCORE on the year subscription and what a super cool magazine too. :) Cute Toot and cute monkey. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo Maggi! Congrats on the pub of your letter and the subscription! how exciting! Love the monkey and Toot looks cute as well. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool, Maggi! And a free year, too - that rocks. :) Adorable pictures of Toot, as usual. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, publication is so great. I love glitter.
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That monkey is adorable! The one you made is cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I'll have to check out that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you daaaaaaahling. Thats awesome.
    Loving the cute little monkey and nice to see Toot working the camera as only she can.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you daaaaaaahling. Thats awesome.
    Loving the cute little monkey and nice to see Toot working the camera as only she can.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you daaaaaaahling. Thats awesome.
    Loving the cute little monkey and nice to see Toot working the camera as only she can.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very cool. So far, crochet has proved to be my crafting nemesis. I have been struggling with it for months. I would LOVE to be able to make that monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been ambivalent about this magazine...I LOVED the December issue last year but I wasn't so enthralled with the January issue. I think I'll check out the latest issue to see whether or not I'd like to subscribe. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cool! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, but your pics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool that you got your name in print and i love that monkey, super sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your letter being published and the year's subscription! So cool! I love your crocheted monkey! So cute! :)

    Hope you feel better soon Maggi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. both those monkeys are TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yippee for you...how cool is that...you are COOL Miss Maggi and you can send that monkey my way....the bigger one...OK? :-)

    Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!! So very happy for you!!1

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!
    and this monkey toy is sooooo cuuuute<3
    I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Feel BETTER!!! And woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo!!! CONGRATS on the MAG shout out!!! that is AWESOME!!!!!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the monkey those adorable photos of TOOT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hehehehehe....I typed "MAG" on "MAGGI'S" blog....hehehehehehe....I crack myself up! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's great they published your letter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh way to go girl!

    Oh was so happy to see tootle again, just getting more gorgeous each time. I love how she gives her seal of approval...that is so important. What a totally cute monkey too, I would NOT have the patience or skill to make something like that!

    hugs DJ

    ReplyDelete
  22. published AND free subscription! YAY!! ^_^ that's just an awesome combination!

    that monkey is SOOooo adorable!!

    MUCH LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your HYSTERICAL Maggi!! I wish I knew how to crochet. i'm not even sure i spelled it right. And that Monkey!!! How can you take that away from toot!!!!!

    Way to go Maggi!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful, Maggi! And I am in love with that sweet little monkey you crocheted. It's way too cute. I'm surprised little Toot was gracious enough to part with it. :) Can't wait to see what else you'll be creating!!! Have a great night, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG how brilliant and what a thing to cheer you up when you are feeling poorly. And what a generous start letter prize too! Wow! Can't wait to see what else you do crochet wise!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your letter being published and your win!!! I lurve the monkey!!! How clever are you!!! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. omg I LOVE that mag it is my favourite!I just got this one the other day....so cool they put your letter in it! And cute monkey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails