Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stick a Fork In Me, I'm Gauche

Back in September of 2009, Gauche Alchemy asked me to be a guest designer for their Hot For Teacher kit. I said back then how smart they were for picking me as a guest designer ;) but now they really have proven their smarts because they have decided to give me a spot on their awesome design team! Not only that but I will be functioning as a DT Captain so how about them Gauche apples? :D I'm so thankful to have been picked for this amazing team. I love GA!

Actually, they've got a whole new gauche Design Team and today we're having a "Gauche Girls Open Up" blog hop so that you can get to know us all! So hop on back to Gauche Alchemy's blog to start at the beginning if you haven't already. If you have already started on the hop you should have come from Nina's blog Creating in Solitude. Some of the chicks are giving away RAKs and other fun what nots so make sure you comment on each of the Gauche Girls blogs for a chance to win.

To make it even more fun, each of the girls have picked a special word and your mission is to find it in their hop posts, take note of each girl and their word and then report back to the Gauche Alchemy Blog with your answers - if you get it right, you get a shot at a wicked awesome prize pack from GA.

To celebrate the new team announcement, I made a little something-something. :D It's a hangie thingie made from a blank flashcard. On one side, I decided to show you my calm side (circa 1982, I think this was :D)

I used a Prima flowers packaging for the background and then toilet paper roll painted on it. I also used pieces from Gauche Alchemy's Mixed Media Color Kits.

Now for the other side, I went all superhero...I am Wonder Woman!!! *pow!* *bam!* *zork!*

Yeah, I don't know what I mean by "zork" but no matter - KAPOW!!! What's the ticket for, you ask? It's a ticket to the gun show of course! *ping pachu ping ping* (Those were bullets bouncing off my rockin' Wonder Woman bracelets :P) By the way, this picture is 1979 I believe.

More from the Mixed Media Color Kits and a saved bow from a Christmas present. Lots of Stickles were harmed in the making of this project. :P After all, I do like to SPARKLE. (psssttt...Write down "Sparkle". hint-hint-wink-wink)
Now I can't let y'all go without saying good-bye properly...with prizes! I've made this little baggie o' awesome for one lucky person. It's filled with pieces from every single Mixed Media Color Kit, put together from my personal stash. :D And it can be yours, just leave a comment in this post and I will randomly draw a winner.

(Please note, nosy baby hand not included in prize pack. :P)

Well, that's it for me! Thanks for hopping on through, I'm so excited and honored to be a part of the GA team! Now go and head over to Angela at The Prissy Pixel for your next Gauche-y stop.

Have a great day! :D

39 comments:

  1. Maggi, it's just too, too awesome to finally welcome you to the team! Yup yup, it was 'bout time too! =)

    I've always admired your work and your sassy personality and I'm leaving GA in darn good hands.

    Looking forward to seeing more awesomeness from you!

    *hugs*

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love that! Wonder Woman you definitely is! Bam Kapow - could they have picked a better Team Captain? Nuh uh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sparkly gal! I love your projects Captain! I look forward to working with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAD to come a lookin(it's 1:40ish in the morning)! PICK ME, PICK ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the awesome DT spot at GA! They are lucky to have you, this is SOOOO right up your alley! Can't wait to see more of your creations! This one ROCKS! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the hangie thingie !! You go wonder woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Yippee CONGRATS to you sweet friend...I know you are going to do Fabulous with your DT SPOT!!! I too can't wait to see more creations from you!!!

    Have a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I'm so super excited to finally be working with you! Love the wonder woman! Hope some of your sparkly rubs off on me! That could be fun....!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! CONGRATS!!! That is AWESOME!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your wall hangie thingie (love that btw!) and I want curious babies hand!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO CUTE!!! Oh man, that brings back memories. I need to get my rear in gear and make more altered art and hangie thingies. You have inspired me, my dear! Thanks for being so awesome. :) ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute tag! Can't wait to see what else you will be creating, so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on being chosen for the design team! Happy SITS Thursday.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super hangy thingy.. ka-pow! Well done on gettng team captain, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks for stopping by, dear Maggi! Always a joy to *see* you! And don't we all wish we were pounds lighter (as for me, too too many to count!!!)

    Have a lovely Thursday & Easter!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    PS Love to Toot!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Maggi! You know I love your style... congrats on being a design team captain and joining the GA team. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both the layouts are awesome and love all the bling in the wonder women too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOOO HOOO! So glad to see Wonder Woman not only has a calm side...but that she's one of our Captains! Way to rock it, chickie! (Glad to see you have nosy baby fingers, too...although, my photos occasionally showcase nosy baby toes..)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!!!!
    Awesome news and awesome projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. two words Maggi-----SUPER HERO!!!!

    okay well maybe a few more. Can I just say how stinkin excited I am to be working with you???? Should I say that a little louder? *ponders* yup

    I'M SO STINKIN EXCITED TO BE WORKING WITH YOU MAGGI!!!!!

    Okay I'm done

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha. This cracks me up. I love the elements you've used here, Maggie. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha. This cracks me up. I love the elements you've used here, Maggie. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on becoming DT captain Maggie , Im new to GA , I can't wait to do some challenges , but blog hoppin' is exciting too! Its nice to meet you , you inspire me to use glitter ! : P

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the follow and comment! very awesome to have double digits haha :) AND i just left a comment so wow this day keps on getting better!
    thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my!

    I think I'm stealing the TP roll background idea... today.

    You are so creative and love your project.

    Welcome to the team. It's going to be a blast working together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. congrats Maggi, no one deserves this more than you. Love the hangy and I am really disappointed that the baby hand is not included in the RAK, I was just imagining all the crazy things I could do with it and then you burst my bubble. Sigh. GA is LUCKY to have you Wonderwoman!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shut the Front Door!!!!
    That is super exciting!!!
    I am off to visit Prissy Pixel!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Maggi - it's been a long time coming, but we are so happy to have you on board! You have been one of our biggest cheerleaders, and already you are kicking ass at Gauche Alchemy!

    Your project is just too cute - you were just as adorable as a child as you are now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your new position! I love your hangy-thingy! I always grab my GA color kits when my scrapping could use a little "kapow!" Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so flippin' AWESOME!!!!!! Congrats girly!!! i have bought one of there kits and boy did I have a ball with it!!!! I hope I can get your piece kit - but darn I really wanted that nosy baby hand!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that you did both sides of the card

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maggi - these are awesome! You must be so proud of your work! Way too cool!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. AWWW~ but I REALLY need a nosy baby hand....

    ReplyDelete
  33. congrats on the captain position. must let my friend sam know about your blog, she is a glitter girl

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the super woman. All women are born super women....it is when we fly (as in multi-task) that we really become super.

    ReplyDelete
  35. i think creating these mixed media pieces are so much fun! i love the old pictures of you...Wonder Woman!
    xoxo alison

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations!!! I KNEW you would make it!! You SPARKLEY, GILTTERY thing you!!!

    I was wondering why you didn't stop by my blog yesterday, Smeared Ink had a hop too!! Great minds think alike I guess!!

    Hugs Doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. CONGRATS Maggie...and I love how you used the scrabble letters :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails