Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's All About Me. Okay, Not Really...No, It Is.

Helloooooooooooooooo!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! :) Just a little something to show you today. I'm part of an ATC swap group, "My Favorite and My Best" where we create ATCs every month based on particular favorites things. But since this is our first month together, we decided to create an ATC with our names. The ladies have gotten theirs so I can share what I made for them now:

I actually forgot to take pictures of all three but they're basically the same anyway. :) These are pretty simple actually: I used Ouchless Cardboard and tissue from the Wholey Sheet kit for the background, added some pieces from the Pink Parts and Purple People Eater Mixed Media Color Kits. And of course my Dymo label maker and some Stickles...gotta get that glitter on there you see.

This month our theme is Favorite Drink and I still have yet to nail that one down. lol Ah well, it'll come to me! :)

You know, I don't typically scrap about myself or create anything with my picture on it. I think part of it may be that I'm 99.9% of the time the one behind the camera so I rarely get shots of myself anyway and the majority of it is probably that I'm almost never satisfied with the way I look. Ugh, yes I'm one of those. LOL

But all that to say that I'm starting to make an effort to change all that. You know, when I'm dead and gone, Toot isn't going to care that I look fat or don't have makeup on or have a weird look on my face, she's just going to care that she has pictures of her mother. Good or bad, I've got to quit "erasing these memories" so to speak and just suck it up.

......

Sorry about that, typing out loud at this point which is no fun for anyone. lol ANYWAY, here's an ATC of moi. :D In other news, I'm working on getting my You Tube channel together and uploading some vlogs (another step in my "Suck It Up" program. lol) so hopefully that will be ready sooner rather than later. Uploading takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Blerg.

And for your random reading/drooling pleasure: for the sweetest, most kitschy, most delightful little illustrations ever, check out this Etsy shop: Orange Studio. I must gather money to spend there ASAP. ASAP!

So how is your week going?

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous daaaaahling. If I were a scrapbooking artist like you all my works would be of myself, theres no shame :D
    *kisses8 HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Maggi...and good for you!!!! I find it hard to do creations with myself on it!!!! You are such a cutie!!!

    Have a great one!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! We want to see more of Maggi! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Maggi indeed. Love it Glitter Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Fabolicious!! You are so cute, You could never look bad!!!

    Your cards kick serious ass. I CAN'T WAIT to get my wholey sheet kit!! I have big plans for it *rubbing my hands together in an evil way*!!

    Glad your kickin it Maggi style. A Vblog, or vlog or whatever, You go girl!! Just call a sister and tell me where to check it out!!
    Say hi to Toot for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY NICE work Maggi, I love how you created this. Those are some cool glasses. Keep creating those art pieces !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute atc...and that's a great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool atc!

    what the hell is ouchless cardboard? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great maggi and your daughter will love you for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun ATC!
    You really should take pictures and document about yourself. Not just for Toot but for you too. I'm documenting myself so that I can reminisce about my youth when I'm old and grey...;)Seriously though, my bestie's sister had a clot removed from her brain and lost 2 years of her memories...which is just so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggi, every photo I've seen of you has been super cute - like the new profile photo you have posted here. Toot would be so thrilled to have any and all photos of you - good or bad! But I know how you feel...I do the same exact thing!!! :) And the piece you created is lovely. Glitter, flowers, butterflies, buttons - so YOU! Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job and yes you will have to suck it up for Toot ... lol.

    Just having my catch up, I love Nancy Today so much, I just love her sweet voice and innocent manner. When she wanted to use the oil I love how she said...'I just want to'.

    I think you should videos with your projects!

    xoxo DJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool! I love the label-maker label!

    Ummmm....I am going to show my ignorance here. What is ATC? Oh forgive the stupid question!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Maggi is finally listening to julie...lol!! YAY for pics of MAGGI!! Toot will LOVE u for it! period. :):):):) LOVING that ATC! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute cute AND pretty! Keep those pics of yourself.. they are important & AWESOME! Love visiting your blog! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah see now, ATC on me? Hard, hard, hardy, hard, hard, hard! ATC on my favourite drink? Oh easy peasy lemon squeezy! *g*

    Maggi - *slap, slap, slap* You are a gorgeous woman get scrapping your fine self! :P

    p.s Craig has discovered The Baseballs, they've just released an album here. He was most miffed that I had known about them for months via you mwahahahahar! Least I know what to get him for his birthday :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE it! you are just so darn creative - it knocks my socks off! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails