Monday, May 10, 2010

It's All Fun and Games Till Somebody Gets Eaten

Back in October 2009, I shared pages I had created for Callista's circle journal. I had so much fun making my little cannibalistic cupcakes that I decided to carry over the snarky nature of these delicious treats and made some more scenes. The first is a recreation of what I made for Callista's journal:

I used an 8x10 canvas, Mod Podged torn book pages onto the background and added some acrylic paint. The cupcakes themselves were cut from patterned paper and cardstock, accented with Stickles and I drew their faces. Dymo label maker, tons of sequins - ta da! :D

For this one, I was wondering what a cupcake might look like, should he ever start losing his frosting and go bald. :P This is a 6x6 canvas with Mod Podged dictionary pages and diluted acrylic paint for the background. More Stickles, more Dymo, more sequins. :D

This one was fun, I wanted to make the pinkest, sweetest, girliest cupcake ever. Since this is how cupcakes (stereo)typically look, I thought, "Well what happens if it's a boy cupcake?" Thus Bob was born...poor thing. I used a small embroidery hoop painted pink, added pink glitter card stock from DCWV then covered that in pink tulle. Same as before: Stickles, Dymo, sequins, a winning combo. :P

Thanks for taking a peek at my snarky sweet treats! :D Have a great day everyone!

29 comments:

  1. You are hilarious girlfriend! :)

    I almost fell off my chair..seriously! You had me at cupcake pattern baldness! ;)

    Super cute cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at cupcake! I love your quirky sense of humour...especially the pattern baldness one. OMG...that is too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! :-)

    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcake pattern baldness is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggi, what creativity!! Hope you had a great Mother's Day - & have a great week ahead too!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha love those snarky cupcakes! Sure wish my cj would make it's way back to me! *sigh*
    Hope you had a nice Mother's Day and that Toot treated you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! U crack me UP!!!! I love love love love love that...."cupcake pattern baldness!!!!!" LOL LOL LOL LOL!! And I have to giggle at "BOB"....there is a guy that calls one of my co-workers EVERYDAY at work...and says..."Hi Janelle, its me Bob, B-O-B....Bob!" LOL LOL LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh i have to say they are SUPER cute!!! I love Bob - he made me smile :D :D
    Hope you're having a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazingly cute. I know they are little cupcake cannibals, but they are so awesome just the same. Love love love them!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL cupcake pattern baldness....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. agggghhhhhh!!! oh me. oh my. oh me. oh my!!!!! maggie ~ these are so precious!!!!!!! great job sista!!!
    {xoxo}

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear Maggi,
    you are so creative and such a great imagination, its awesome.
    Hope your Mom's day was extra special. Wishing you another great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just now saw that video of Toots walking, how precious she is, growing sooooooooo fast. She is so cute in her little fairy outfit, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey sweet girl.....you never cease to make me smile and this one just cracks me up!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    Have a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a looovely one!
    Cupcake pattern is cute<3
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think BOB might be a tiny bit FABULOUS, dahling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. love love the snarky cupcake series, you must do more - they are fabulous! love bob :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I don't know whether to worry about you or call you a genius! Love these keep 'em coming! Bob is so cute but I think the cannibals will always be my favourite! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is Bob a cannibal? I want to eat him!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your cupcake projects - so much fun - especially the card that says - My name is bob - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Bob is very cute. His little slanted mouth makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH these are so funny, I like Bob...look he's waving at me!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pages are adorable and make me want to create a cupcake themed mixed media art page.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE love the cupcakes they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. these creations are sooo playful! i feel like a giggly little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails