Monday, May 17, 2010

Mama Said Knock You Out...With Glitter

Hi everyone!

So the new challenge has been announced over at Gauche Alchemy and there is another awesome prize up for grabs! I'm telling y'all right now, go get in your crafty space and create something for this challenge because the prize is one of my favorite things from the store and right now it sucks that the DT is ineligible to win. Boo-urns! lol ;)

The challenge is this: Since Mother's Day is in May, we want to see your projects that revolve around Mothers. Anything mother related, created by you and linked up to our challenge post is eligible to win this awesome (still can't believe it!) prize: our ACME Lot #3 Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit. *faint* I haven't even been able to get this kit yet (lots on my "GA To Buy" list, lol).

Holy crap! I looooooove this kit so much, it's one of my favorite GA kits and YOU can win it IF you create something mother-y and link it up on the GA blog by Midnight on Sunday, May 23rd. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

You can make anything you want (and it doesn't have to be mixed media): a card, a layout, a canvas, an ATC, a journal, a sweater, ANYTHING that has to do with being a mother, rules for mothers, moms in general, your mom, my mom, their mom, whatever. :D Here's what I did:

This is a 16x20 canvas that I painted blue and then added a red crackle paint effect using acrylic paint and Elmer's Glue. I used GA's Happy Housewives kit (no longer available) as well as our Blue Streak and Scarlet Fever Mixed Media Color Kits.


Click right here----> Mixed Media Mamas Challenge and link up your projects by MIDNIGHT on SUNDAY MAY 23rd! Come on now, I know there's creative types reading this blog that would do amazing things with this prize if they won it so get to gluing! :D

P.S.-More postcards for The Great Postcard Caper have come in, y'all are too awesome - thank you!!!!

Talk to you soon! :D

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE the title to this!! LOL so cute..I know I know I've been a stranger but I've been sooo busy with 2 CRAZY toddlers fighting all the time & my 7 year old trying to be a peace maker, or sometimes an insigator LOL anywho...LOVE this scrapbook page LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!!!! U ARE AMAZING!!! I love love love love love love love love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that canvas!!! U rocked the mixed media my love!!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the new avatar too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)P:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work girlfriend! :)

    Love the crackle paint...and all the yummy goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one does vintage like you girl- just LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this is definitely one of my favourites of yours so far, I love the 50s feel to it. FAB daaaaaahling!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!

    Have a fabuloussss week!

    X LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Miss Maggi...you are so talented and this is just AWESOME!!!!! You inspire me!!!

    Have a great one sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! This looks fun - I'm going to go check it out! Thanks for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here, psssst Maggi. Now that you are on the *inside* so to speak - tell them to get their fingers out and release another Nevermore kit. I hadn't discovered them when they released their last one and I think it's so out of order of them that they haven't taken that into consideration and released another one. Just for me. Tell them. Nicely. Please *flutters eyelashes* The collage sheet isn't enough - and they must release it before Christmas so I can propel my dad in that direction. You tell them now wont you? :P

    Loooooove your canvas, just came from there actually, love what you all did - knew straight away which was yours ;)

    Leaving now before I go make myself a cuppa to continue rambling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggi! It's adorable love it:) You and your craftiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for becoming a follower in my blog! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. I'm very excited to be back blogging. It's also great to be able to check out blogs like yours that I like a lot. Take care. I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally love your canvas, such a cool look :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Maggi...this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! You did a great job, Maggi! Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this... That color combo rocks!! : ) Great job : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails