Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Night Fab Five: Cinema Lurve

Hey y'all!

Welcome to this week's Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I love this week. But before we get to that, we have a winner! The winner of my little crocheted campfire buddies is...

*drum roll*
CAROL!!!

Congratulations Carol! Please e-mail me your address ASAP to: justaddglitter at gmail.com so I can get these little guys mailed off to you Monday. :) And don't worry if you didn't win this time, I'm crocheting as fast as I can to give away who knows what else soon! :)

So now on to this week's Friday Night Fab Five! Yippee! Okay so this week it's all about movies and/or TV shows that I love that I bet you either have never heard of or hate. I myself am a softie when it comes to super funky cult type movies and shows so I will defend my choices to the death! THE DEATH!!! :P

1. Xanadu

Come on, it's got everything! Olivia Newton John, music by ELO, Gene Kelly, the cute guy from The Warriors, seventies hair, disco music AND roller skating!!! Speaking of roller skating...

2. Switchblade Sisters


My favorite of all of the 70's exploitation films, "Switchblade Sisters" also has everything: Funky 70's music, a girl gang dating a boy gang, the guy that plays Donna's dad on "That 70s Show", bad acting AND a gang fight at a roller rink! Seriously, three gangs fight each other while on roller skates! Awesome!

3. Grease 2

Yeah, yeah "Grease" is the media darling BUT Grease 2 has Michelle Pfeiffer, Adrian Zmed, super cheesy music AND Biker Heaven! Come on, this is awesome!!! "I wanna C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R!"

4. Drop Dead Fred
I actually saw this one in the theater. Not sure why I like it so much...Maybe it's because I talk to myself a lot...hmmm...

5. The Guild


Okay, there's no reason not to love the web series The Guild, especially if you're a gamer. Love love love this show!

So what movies or shows do you love and feel the need to defend??? :D

18 comments:

  1. Congrats Carol on your win!!!!

    Oh Maggi, I love this post...do I remember each and every one of these....makes me want to go to the vault and bring them out to watch again!!!!

    Have a great weekend!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! The husband was just razzing me a while back because I was watching Grease 2 on VH1 and knew every word. Personally I believe "Just do it for your country" was inspired cinema!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Drop Dead Fred! Love it!! And you KNOW that I love the Guild.

    So come on Maggi, what happened? Did my check bounce? I thought I was going to win the little fire and marshmellows! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Carol!

    Let's see--I think I need to defend my two copies of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Xanadu but never have watched it...and Grease 2, ummm.....I tried to watch it on VH1and had to turn it, it was so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I won! That's so totally awesome. And I loved Xanadu by the way. In all its drug-inducing glory. Not that I did drugs. Oh hell. I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG

    You know I adore you - but, damn, girl, we can NEVER watch movies together. LOL

    If I were to put together a top-ten all-worst list of flicks - those would ALL be on it! LOL LOL

    congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmao @ Tristan! Okay, I haven't even seen The Guild, Grease 2 or Drop Dead Fred??

    WTH is wrong with me!


    I'm so jealous of your winner! Congrats Carol!!!!!!!!! Those were super precious Maggi!!! Have a gerat weekebd! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never even heard of any of these BUT Grease 2...which is my favorite! I was totally a grease 2 fan not grease!! How funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xanadu....Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Xanadu...now we are here...its Xanadu..... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that movie!! These ROCK Maggi!! And CONGRATS TO ME for winning!!....what??? My names not Carol??? BUMMER!!! LOL :):):):):):) Congrats to her then!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Xanadu LOL. :D THat makes me smile.
    Have a wonderful weekend daaaaaaahling.
    *kisses to u and Toot*
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! It really makes me smile! x Robine

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Maggi! LOL! Never seen Xanadu but have heard of it. Never heard of The Switchblade Sisters or The Guild. LOVE Drop Dead Fred... Grease 2. Maggi! *shakes head*

    Mine would have to be Barbarella - Adore that film but whenever it's on it's like 1am in the morning. Got to get me a copy on DVD one of these days.Big Trouble in Little China and, really obscure one that my sister and I both love... The Great American Sex Scandal. I'll defend them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Carol!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    XXXLOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love drop dead fred - didn't know anyone else had even seen it LOL :D

    love when he says "cobwebs" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Carol! You have some choice finds here. :) I've never seen The Guild - but that's the girl from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along!!! Let me see, what do I love that others might think twice about? Rock 'n Roll High School, Hair Spray (the original!), Valley Girl, Can't Buy Me Love (Patrick Demsey as a geek?), Galaxy Quest (awesome!), Repo Man. I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of right now. Have a wonderful weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go Carol! You lucky duck!!!

    Just love this list m- drop dead fred - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh too funny, I loved Xanadu but so wanted to kill Fred in that movie.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails