Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Blame New York

Hey y'all!

You may have noticed that I've been pretty absent of late around the blogs and at first I was thinking, "Oh everyone will understand and figure that I'm just taking a short break, no worries" but then I came to realize that a little bit of an explanation may be in order.

I've been feeling pretty lousy the last few weeks, extreme fatigue and what not. And being the type of person that doesn't go see a doctor unless a limb falls off (no real philosophical reasoning here, I'd just rather spend that co-pay on glitter :P) I let it ride. I'm feeling better now and figure this is probably just a blip on my hormonal radar. (And to answer the question no one is asking: no, I am not pregnant and yes, I am sure. :D) On top of that, it seems that every crafty type thingie I've attempted to make lately has been caca poopy yuck yuck, therefore nothing to post about anyway. LOL

Plus, lately I have felt the need to "unplug" a little bit. I spend A LOT of time online and while my husband has never been anything but supportive and never questions my "hobbies", I've been feeling like I need to back away just a little bit. That being said, I have missed y'all so much and hate that I've missed so many awesome things that you have blogged about.

BUT the silver lining is that I will be absent for about another 2 weeks! Wait, did I just insult myself? Anyhoo, this weekend we are off to sunny Bronx New York! Woo hoo! As you know, my husband is from the Bronx so we're off to see family and friends and of course, hit up Manhattan so I can spend way too much on vintage who-knows-what and Japanese dolls that I could just buy online and pay half as much. (Yes, I am just that addicted to instant gratification so there.)

For those of you that have been hanging out with me for a while, you'll remember in August of last year we did this trip and had a blast! Toot loved the bus ride into the City:

Toot in Times Square! (She was 10 months old then I believe...)

And I finally got to realize my dream of eating at Ninja New York where I ate delicious Japanese food, drank diamond sake and had this dessert:

It was also during this trip that I bought a vintage hat so expensive, I still throw up in my mouth a little when I think about how much I paid. Ah well, I blame New York. ;)

Anyhoo, all that to say that I will be around as much as I can but will have limited internet access. I may or may not be posting for Vanessa's Mad Tea Party on Saturday but will try my best to post something here while I'm gone. :) I hope y'all are all having a fabulous week and look forward to catching up with you soon! :)

P.S.-If you've blogged something super awesome that I really should see, please leave me a link to the post in your comment! :D

*air kisses all around*

14 comments:

  1. Hey honey, hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about unplugging...and then hoping you don't miss too much...sounds like me.

    Hey if you bump into a handsome Aussie in New York on the weekend that's my husband...lol..there on business.

    .. and yes I do remember Toot's trip last year, I love that photo of her looking out the bus window...just want to give her a big cuddle.

    Take care and have fun,
    xoxoxo DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon Maggi- I hope you have a wonderful trip to NY, I love it there!!!!!! Have fun shopping!!!!!!! And eating!!! Ugh, I wish I could go with you!!! love you, deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi! I've missed you! I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well - maybe a nice trip is just what you need! And a box of chocolates, hopefully? That is always great medicine.
    Here are some grand goodies for you:
    http://etsyitup.blogspot.com/2010/06/faerie-moon-creations-discount-giveaway.html
    http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/terrifically-talented-thursday-dark-and.html
    Have an ultra fabulous time!
    Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggi! I did notice your absence, but I figured you were just busy glittering up some stuff ;-)

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww honey...i hope U feel better soon!!! And OMYGOSH!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo BEYOND jealous U are visiting my home....think of me...think of me....even if its just a little, please??? pretty please?!?!?! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'VE been missing you like crazy and was wondering if all was okay with yousie :) glad to hear all is pretty & fine.
    Enjoy your trip, gosh has Tootie girl grown since your last visit to the Bronx. Look forward to hearing back from you soon. Have a HAPPY SUMMER MAGGI

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I've been feeling the same way lately. Kind of dull, not creative, and lethargic. Good for you on your well deserved break. I know u will come back recharged with lots of cool stuff... and maybe another hat???
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you'll get your creative mojo back soon, but it's always good to take a rest once in a while. One should only create when one's heart desires to do so, not force oneself.

    Ninja New York!? I wanna go there, singing the Turtles theme song! =D
    Hope you'll have an awesome time in Bronx, and come back with some awesome vintage sh*t and sweet dollies! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. that pic of toot in times square is awesome, you should scrap that :D

    have a super duper time in NY - a little unplugged time is GOOD :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. go have fun and forget about us! we will all be here when you get back! have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stinks that you were feeling yucky! That's no fun at all! Well, New York just sounds like the funnest place on Earth to visit! I've been there, but years and years ago. I bet you know how to do that town up, too! You've got to post a pic of the new hat, it sounds fab! I'm hoping you have returned inspired and feeling more crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Maggi

    Just wanted you to know that you're not alone...I've been feeling sick and fatigue and slackening on my online visits too...I've been questioning the amount of time I spend online. I have creations to share but no mood to write the posts to go with them! :( And I just mark everything on my google reader as "read".

    Hope you have a good time in NY..recharge your batteries and be your happy cheery self again!

    Take care!

    Cheers
    Y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better soon, and have an awesome trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah yes. I remember the "Toot takes Manhattan" segment. It was MARVELOUS!!

    Take it easy sister. Hopw you get the rest, and inspration you need!!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails