Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When Hobbies Collide...

Hey y'all!

Don't you love finding things that you can use in other ways? I've always thought these mini t-shirts you can find among the scrapbook embellishments were super cute but not really anything I wanted to use on a layout:


I found some of these on close out at Big Lots last week and funny enough, scrapbooking never crossed my mind when I looked at them. Instead, I got an epiphany...doll clothing! Y'all know I love my Pullip dolls so I started wondering if these embellishments would fit my dolls. And guess what....

SUCCESS! How cute is that? You have to cut a little slit in the back in order to get them on over their hips but add a little velcro or tiny snap button and voila!

What things are you using in different ways?

16 comments:

  1. YOU are a GENIUS!! GENIUS!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! She is rocking that t-shirt! Today I am going to be turning the glass lids of those candles in a jar into rubber stamps. To nice to throw away once the candle is done dontcha think? Hmm me feels a post coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute!!!! Love the find and she is HOT!!!!!

    Have a great one sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how cute!

    I love when things to turn out to be multi-functional!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggi! How adorable! Those worked perfectly. I love that doll's hair - very cool. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! It works perfectly. Since my friend began collecting BJDs & got me into collecting them (albeit much more slowly...), we eternally are labeling things either "doll sized" or "not doll sized" lolz...

    Those shirts are decidedly doll sized! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! Unfortunately, Hello Kitty's head is far to big for such a small shirt! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up! That is sooooo cute and soooooooo clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the well wishes for my sister! ^-^
    I'm excited to work on my art journals too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Argh, that's too cool! She looks awesome in that shirt! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks like it was made for her- those dolls are soooo cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails