Friday, July 30, 2010

Last Train to Gluesville

Hey y'all!

Wow, Friday already, can ya believe it? Actually I can't since I've been thinking it was Thursday all week. lol Anyhoo, exciting announcement today as Gauche Alchemy is sponsoring the new challenge over at These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

TAAFOMFT is an awesome challenge blog where they pick a new "favorite thing" for every prompt. The prompt we're sponsoring is "Favorite Band" and boy was I excited to create something for this one. Or maybe I never mentioned my obsession with The Monkees?! lol To see what our DT made, check it out on the Gauche Alchemy blog AND you can actually see our DT PLUS the Favorite Things DT creations by heading on over to the These are a Few of My Favorite Things blog. We're giving away our last ACME kit so I do hope you'll play along! :)

Here's what I made:

I found this canvas picture on clearance for $1 so I covered that with Gesso, then I used a piece of Sassafras paper from the ACME kit as the background. The rest of it came together pretty easily since I let the patterned paper do most of the work. :)

The title says "Listen to the Band" which was the name of one of The Monkees later songs. I love this picture of them...so cute! :D I also added the vintage Monkees button I got a while back (I have two so I felt safe using one here. LOL I also used some pieces from the Blue Streak and It's All Gravy, Baby Mixed Media Color Kits.

Again, there's an awesome prize up for grabs so head on over to These are a Few of My Favorite Things and link up your favorite band!

I hope y'all have a great weekend, anything exciting planned???

14 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Sooooooooooo excited you are joining us for this challenge!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Monkees too!!! :):):):):):):):) YOU GUYS ROCKED it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Maggi this is brilliant. Love it :D I have put a couple of my Alice badges on pages so I know how you have to take a deep breath first *g*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the MONKEES!!!! Cue the pack of screaming girls! This project rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job! It's so cute! Have a wonderful weekend, Maggi! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. great canvas! I just adore the Monkees... loved their show too.. too bad Netflix isn't streaming it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool - love the rainbow paper on this and your monkee button :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is flippin awesome! I love the monkees!!!!!!!!!! What a cool layout!!!!!!!!! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the Monkees too!

    Have a great weekend,

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Maggie!! Ummm and the Monkeys too, hahahaha. Beautiful, love the what the colors and theme work together!!

    Can't wait to see your Wool Creation, I know it is going to be awesome!!

    Hope your having a great weekend!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! That Sass paper is so perfect for it! Good luck!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This ROCKS!!!!! Literally - it really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol I love it....I really like the paper you chose for this layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails