Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Friday Night Fab Five on a Wonderful Wednesday

Hey y'all!

Okay, so yes it's only Wednesday but I'm having a great week so far so let's have a mid-week Friday Night Fab Five, shall we? Oh come on, this will be fun!

1. Gauche Alchemy

(Picture from Gauche Alchemy)

Okay, y'all know I design for GA but wowzers have we got some awesome things happening right now! We're sponsoring the newest challenge over at These are a Few of My Favorite Things, we just started our brand spanking new ACME kit subscription service which rocks AND I was lucky enough to interview one of my artistical-type idols, Frieda Oxenham which you can read on the GA blog! *insert happy dance here*

2. Pomp-a-Doodle Yarn
(Picture from Redheart.com)

I've been dying to get my greedy little hands on some of this yarn for ages but really wanted to see it in person first. Lo and behold, one of my local craft stores finally got smart and started carrying it. So today I got a couple of colors, can't wait to crochet something with it!

3. Sh*t My Dad Says

(Picture from Amazon.com)

Holy crap, this is the FUNNIEST book I've read in a loooooooong time! I had tears running down my face at the bookstore, yes it is that funny! If you need a little pick me up, read this book all about the crap this guy's dad says. Love love love!


4. Hot Poppin' Popcorn
(Picture from Amazon.com)

I just love this...hey, wait a minute! This isn't my pick, this is Toot's! Yes, we got this DVD just yesterday and have already watched it 1,000,000,000,000,000.5 times. Toot dances, she sings, she loves it. I couldn't sleep last night for hearing "Juggling, juggling, juggling balls!" over and over in my head. *shudder*

5. ALL OF YOU!!!

I know I've been pretty absent around here lately, both on my blogs and at yours as well and feel the need to apologize for it. There's been some behind the scenes crazy things going on and add to that a complete lack of creative inspiration and you've got Maggi-No-Mojo. Boo-urns! lol But for those of you that have commented and e-mailed, thank you so very much! I L-O-V-E this blogging world that I'm proud to be a part of and think of you when I can't be around. :)

And there it is, your weekly Friday Night Fab Five on Wednesday! :D How is your week going so far? Anything you're loving right now you'd like to share with the whole class???

26 comments:

  1. Lookit u changing us all up! :-) See you're getting your mojo back, I can tell!

    {I bet it was the wiggles}

    XOXOXOX Rhonda Rooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY,
    Guess whats going to be a sitcom this fall...yup, *^%$ my Dad says with william shatner. Looks so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that yarn is pretty awesome, you'll have to show what you do with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Fab Five! I especially love the part where you say we don't have to apologize for not blogging and you love the blogging world. :) ME TOO! Thanks for saying it's okay to be a little absent. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Maggi! I was JUST thinking about you today! Glad you are alive and (hopefully) well. :) LOVE your Fab Five here. That yarn looks super fun. And I've heard that book is just hysterical...I'll have to check it out. Take care and I'll chat with you soon! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection daaaaaaahling. Right now I'm loving Bose noise cancelling headphones. I want a pair. I tried them on the plane and they are fab, they make everything so quiet... maybe even husbands (?)
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm caught between thinking that yarn is tacky and kind of loving it. LOL I can't decide which way to go. I'll be interested to see what it looks like once you've actually made something with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am definitely gonna go check out that book :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear from you...I have been absent also....so much going on and honestly I have to check the book out...I need a pick me up!!!

    Gavin has that video and he loves it....I bet we are in a contest as to who has watched it the most!!!

    Wishing you the best sweet friend...I am holding you close in my heart!!! Just adore you Miss Maggi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was it Toots choice though? Was it really? Are you sure? *g*

    That wool looks gorgeous and SUCH a cool name. I would buy it for that alone!

    And I loves me some Gauche as you know ;)

    What I'm loving this week. FINALLY buying a Suzi Blu class. Really enjoying it and even more so that Devvie has decided to do it along with me. She wants to learn Manga drawing but till we can find her a good book she's going to join her old Mum in this and it's fun having a break in the teenager versus Mum head butting scenarios and just getting along and doing art! Yay!

    Plus looking forward to just stopping. And taking a break. And not working. Hols at the end of the week! Huzzah! But that does mean a big wobble mountain of ironing before we go. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggi I hope you are doing well! I guess my days of the wiggles are coming soon:) I have to go back to work next week and I am soo sad! But, we will make it lol. I have been neglectful of my blog the past few days as well with trying to get back in work mode. BLAH! Have a great rest of the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. maggi, your interview with Frieda is really fab! You asked great questions and it was really interesting to read, even though I know her pretty well! great job ; ^ ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for Maggi and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for GA sponsoring FAVE THINGS!! *EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK* Sooooooooooooo excited about this!!! And hehehehehehehehehe... I have nightmares...ummmm I mean VISIONS of course.... of the Wiggles, Dora, Tinkerbell, The Upside Down Show, Diego and I-Carly {{ok...I will secretly admit...I am IN LOVE with that show}} dancing in my head of all the multi-million times I have watched the above said shows...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and we can't forget YO GABBA GABBA!! LOL!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this list Maggi! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marshall LOVED the wiggles!! Dorothy the dinosaur? Do they still do that one?? I mean, he was a fan "back in the day".

    Glad you are feeling better!! And I hope you keep feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. always changing things up on me. LOL love the fab five!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fab five....and I really should pick up some of that pompadoodle yarn...looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That book looks so awesome! And the yarn looks really fluffy and cozy! :)

    ps- I'm having a little giveaway on my blog. Stop by and say hi! :)

    www.rainbowdooky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, it's Friday night now and love your fab 5. My kids were totally into the wiggles for years! They are coming to town next month and we are not going for once. They are pretty fun though. Enjoy your weekend and I hope you get your Maggi mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh! I saw the pompom yarn at Michael's the other day! So cute! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh the Wiggles- yep, saw them in concert. A far cry from my Aerosmith and Van Halen concerts, I'll say that! Rock On Toot!
    That book looks pretty funny. and I hear ya on the absenteeism- I have to drag my butt on here - life is in my way! We all know that feeling, my best to you girl. xoxo I miss you...........CALL me dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whooee! I totally so understand the need to step back a bit... I try to get at least one post up each week and ah! I wasnt able to do it this week! haha...sounds like you have been very busy with the Wiggles video :o)

    I do soooo appreciate you stopping by and love, love, love to find your comments! Thanks so much!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    and I absolutely loved cute Toot's pool pics and her watching Blues Clues with Pete! Such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh the wiggles. I've watched one episode too many with my niece ha ha.

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your picks!!I will have to check out that book and I really love Toots pick too!!Big Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maggi! I haven't visited in awhile...sorry!! I hope things are getting better for you so we can see more of you here! I'm glad Toot's enjoying that DVD...cute! I would like to request a video of her dancing to it! ha ha!

    Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails