Monday, August 23, 2010

Gauche Alchemy and the Clearance Collage

Hey y'all!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! "Scott Pilgrim vs The World" is an awesome movie, go see it, go see it now. :D Anyhoo, this month's challenge over at Gauche Alchemy is to create something using the packing tape transfer technique. I started with this Valentine's Day wall hanging I bought on clearance for like, a dollar or something like that:

Always on the look out for things I can paint or glue on, I decided to use this wall hanging as a base to create my own. And here's my finished result:

I covered it first in Gesso, then patterned paper and a cut out of this lovely lady which I accented with pearls. For my packing tape transfer, I used sheet music for Gauche Alchemy's Wholey Sheet Mixed Media Kit and added it to the background.

I also added some beaded fringe and pieces from the Wedding Night and Pink Parts Mixed Media Color Kits.

For more projects from our design team and to see how you can add your creations using this technique, check out the Gauche Alchemy blog!

Have a great day everyone! :D

16 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great week!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAGGI
    I LIKE THIS, GOOD JOB.
    HAVE ANOTHER FABULOUS WEEK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that piece with the Marie Antoinette.
    Well done daaaahling.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Maggi - love how you looked at that sign and came up with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved, Loved, LOVED Scott Pilgram!!! The hubby took me yesterday to see it!

    And WOW! you rocked this project Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just looks so AWESOME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY SMOKES woman!! This is AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! YOU rocked that wall hanging!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the layers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! This is just gorgeous Maggi! I'm thinking it would look so good in my room...;)lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, I miss you girl. This Marie piece..... L-O-V-E!!!!!!!!!! And not just because it's pink!!!!! This is a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you said you lost your mojo! Yea right!!!!! It's back in full force!!!!!!! I hope you're doing well! GIve Toot a kiss from Aunt Deb! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Maggi!!!! :) Let me tell you, I LOVE that Marie Antoinette piece. It is FABULOUS!!! You rock! Thanks for the tip about Scott Pilgrim - my hubby and I really want to go and see it. With your rave recommendation, it just pushed itself higher up on our "need to see" list. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first visit and what a fun place to be! Your creation is beyond cool.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is soooo fantastic - love it bunches :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a transformation! gorgeous wall hanging!!! oh, love the colors and that girl...she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to give this technique a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails