Monday, August 30, 2010

I Play With Dolls

Hi everyone!

I hope y'all had a great weekend! :) I've got a little project I'm working on to show you today. It's a little out of my norm but I'm excited at how it's coming along! :D I've talked about Pullip dolls on this blog before but may have not mentioned that one of their allures for adult collectors is the ease with which you can customize them.

Although you can leave them the way they are of course, most people enjoy changing their wig, eye chips, outfits and some even institute extreme changes such as face carving.

So anyhoo, I had bought this Pullip:

She's cute, eh? But I had a hard time really giving her any attention...or maybe I was just bored. lol In any case, I got out my trusty paints and bling (naturally) and now she looks like this:

I started by sanding off her original makeup and repainted her eyes and lips using model paint.

I added new eyelashes and changed her eyechips (which of course I enhanced with Stickles, lol).

I just HAD to bling up her face as well, that part probably doesn't surprise you at all, right? lol And don't freak out about her Daddy Warbucks look, I've got a new wig on the way! hee hee Once she's entirely finished, I'll be sure to post more pics!

So for my first try at customizing a Pullip, I feel rather proud of myself! These dolls can provide a blank canvas for creative types that really open up so many possibilities.

My next project: Visiting a billion blogs to make up for my absence...pray for me. LOL ;) Whaat are you working on?

20 comments:

  1. Wow! She looks incredible, dear Maggi!

    Have a great week,

    XOXO LOLA & Nora:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing mod, love her new face-up! And her sparkly eyechips look awesome as well~
    I've only slightly modded one of my Pullips, giving her pointy elf ears... ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic job Maggi! Can't wait to see her with her new hair as well.

    what am I working on? Cleaning up the house, it's gotten way out of hand! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - she looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG she is just too pretty - i love the colours too. and you really should try those burgers - so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggi,
    you did a fantastic job customizing your Pullip doll. Aren't those dolls fun. I like how you made her look sorta like a fairy, very good job.
    I have a Pullip and I made her look like a dead doll, I should take a pic of it and show you. Love the Pullips, Blythe and Dollfies they are fun to play with but I have most of mine packed away. Anywho, glad to hear from you and I hope Toots is doing wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is the cutest makeover ever - loving the bling :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks amazing - very elfin like isn't she. You've done amazing job Maggi, I love her nose stud! Can't wait to see what else you do with her :)

    At the mo I'm working on a duckie, my Suzi Blu class and organising the house. Again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeee the bling-makeover you gave her! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! She looks awesome after her makeover! :) Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about extreme makeover! I love it!!! And lol @ her Daddy Warbucks 'do!! Classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome face up! =D I absolutely LOVE it! She looks much happier with the new make up & bling! ^-^
    I play with dolls too... I never grew out of it, I just swapped out the old dolls for decidedly more expensive ones... XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Maggi...can you come bling me up...I so need a redo!!!

    Wishing you the best sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome!! Even with the Daddy Warbucks look!! This is fun... I am looking at my mini schnauzer as I leave this comments gettings ideas!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! You Go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think she looks AMAZING, Maggi! What a wonderful job you did. So excited to see the color hair you selected. :) And don't you worry - I'm playing catch up tonight, too. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous makeover! I kinda want you to do MY makeup now :)
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is just awesome. I love her new look. Wonderful
    Just magical.

    Spells and Wishes
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails