Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Night Fab Five: I Sleigh Me

Hi everyone!

I hope you've had a great week! I've been busy crocheting, cross stitching, wrapping presents and trying to keep Toot from spitting in the toilet (don't ask). But I have something triumphant to share with you: we tried "Santa Picture Round 2" and I got my picture! Granted, Toot wouldn't go near Santa but she would sit in his chair so Santa just kind of snuck (snucked? snanked? sneeked?) around and we got it. Toot did swipe the Elmo toy they use to get kids to laugh which was cool except that he looks like he's screaming for help:

"Elmo no like Santa, helpppppppp!"

BTW, I have to ask: Are you as off on your day as I am? I swear I've been thinking it's Monday all day long. Last Thursday I thought it was Tuesday...or was that yesterday? I think I've finally cracked...

Anyhoo, welcome to this week's Friday Night Fab Five (on the correct day thank you very much) where I list 5 things I currently love, think is cool or otherwise, you know, like and stuff.

I decided to get into the Christmas spirit and highlight 5 versions of the same song. We typically get new versions of Christmas classics every year, some more successful (read: does not suck) than others and "Sleigh Ride" is no different. I've always found this song so catchy and so fabulous to listen to when you really need some of that Christmas spirit and have picked out my Fab Five favorites to share with you this week. Ho ho ho!


Ella Fitzgerald



Andy Williams



Leroy Anderson



Harry Connick Jr



The Ronettes



Which one do you like? Do you have a favorite Christmas song???

17 comments:

  1. LOL! I LOVE The pic of Toot and Santa... it's an instant classic!

    Sleigh ride is a great tune and I don't know that I can pick a favorite version of it. But my most favorite Christmas song of all?!?! Aww geez, it's a tie I think. White Christmas (LOL, bet you could have guessed) and I don't know why, but Silver Bells. But I also love the Bare Naked Lady's Holiday CD heeheehee!!!!

    Have a great weekend my friend. And I put your cupcake cozy in the mail today so hopefully it will be in your hands safe and sound soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a CLASSIC picture. What a sport Santa is :D

    Couldn't pick a favourite version... but my two favourite Christmas songs are... The Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl and When a Child Is Born by Johnny Mathis. Love those two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Elmo looks like he is screaming and Santa is cute doing the "shhhh" thing behind Toot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I featured some holiday music, too. But they're all different songs. :) I'm so happy you got your photo of Toot with Santa. I had to laugh at the photo...it's priceless! And it's so unique. Looks like Toot is in charge, here. That Santa sure had some fun! LOL Have a wonderful weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one fantastic photo you got! It is so special and he was a doll for doing that for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is ADORABLE!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sooooooooo love Toot. One day she is going to be like a big movie star or something. She is completely fab :D.
    Love your title "I sleigh me!"--inspired, I wish i thought of it.
    Have a wonderful weekend getting ready for Christmas.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the photo and I am LMAO at Elmo.......Cool Santa!!!!

    My favorite is Harry...did I tell you that I love Harry...oh I do!!!

    Wishing you a great Friday sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture is just PRICELESS!!! LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one epic photo... XD
    Santa: *sneak*
    Elmo: OMG behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy
    Just had to ride on over before Christmas day had past me by and those darn semi trailer trucks threw more slushy snow at me !
    Seriously Toot is awesome way to go !
    LOL Elmo does look all afright .
    Maybe he should take lessons of courage from Toot :)
    Be blessed and have a wonderful Merry Christmas and the best New Year ever !!!!!!!!
    Love and hugs from Texas
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo needs to be entered into a contest somewhere STAT because it would walk off with the win hands down!
    PRECIOUSNESS TO THE UBER SAYS I!!!

    I like all the sleigh rides. You would have to do some sort of torture with candy canes and my eyelids to get me to names a SINGLE SOLITARY lone favorite Christmas song...nah.
    even the peppermint punishment wouldn't do it....

    ok now i gotta go listen to christmas music...

    if i miss you beforehand MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy holidays to you and your EXTREME awesome family!!!

    XOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in agreement with everyone....classic picture...it needs to go into some hall of fame somewhere...

    P/s: I'm been fighting this cold for the longest time (actually just 1 week!) and the meds are making deliriously happy with not much sense of time...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Christmas theme post, the photo is a cutie and perfect selection of tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maggie! Love your Friday Fab 5-can't wait to check out Lamebook and Regretsy...LOVE that tagline BTW.
    Just wanted to wish you and your family a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    OH! And congrats on the new girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! The Santa & Toot pic is priceless!!!! I love it!!!!!!! I swear, you have the funnest personality of anyone I know Maggi! I'm so happy I got to know you this year! I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and very happy 2011!!! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. The photo of Toot is perfect and very ingenious! I'm so glad you tried again. What a great Santa to go along with the whole thing!

    My favorite Christmas song for the past few years is "God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen" by the Bare Naked Ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails