Wow, today is 1/1/11! Wait, in that case is it fair to say that "One is the Loneliest Number" after all? Not with so many of them in one place surely! Anyhoo, a lot of people say they never make "resolutions" at the new year because they always know they won't do them. I actually used to be one of those people. What's the point? I think it was the wise Homer Simpson that once said, "Trying is the first step towards failure." lol
But I have to admit that I've changed my mind about making resolutions (or goals) and what not. Part of it is the challenge, it's fun to see how much you can actually accomplish in one year. The other part for me is just having somewhere these things are written down so I don't get to December and say, "Crap, I meant to do that!" lol
I've decided not to add "have a baby" to the list because there's no way I can fail that one, this kid is coming whether we like it or not and of course, losing weight is always on the menu. lol So without further ado, here are some crafty things I would like to accomplish in this year, 2011:
1. Less Yappin', More Scrappin'
Y'all have NO idea how far behind I am in scrapping Toot's pictures. Let me put it this way, she's now two and I think the last I scrapped of her was when she was around 6-7 months old. Oops. lol I would love to get her caught up before the new baby gets here.
2. Cool Something or Other=Money - Most of the things I make (particularly crochet) are based on someone else's design/pattern so selling them is a no-no. This year I'd like to come up with something original and see if I can sell it. And if not, you'll be enjoying many more giveaways here on Just Add Glitter and Stir. lol :P
3. Knit a Bit
There are so many great patterns out there, I really want to glue myself to the needles and get knitting! Luckily I've got a great local yarn store that gives lessons and one of my close by friends has been trying to teach me forever so maybe this is the year I'll start paying attention. lol
5. Crafty Classes - So last year I signed up for a class with Alisa Burke and then was lucky enough to WIN one amazing class from Creative Lenna and did 100% diddly squat with both. SO this year I will be working on those and taking full advantage of their creative wisdom.
5. Christmas Cards, ho ho ho!
6. More More MORE! - I want to do more giveaways, more swaps, more playing along with challenge sites, more bloggin', more blog visiting, more everything! The end of 2010 was a tough one for me creatively and bloggingly (yes, that's a word. *patent pending :P) so I am looking forward to having a more sparkly, creative 2011.
So there you have it! I figure between all of these creative goals, along with my real life and a new baby on the way, I'll get overwhelmed around mid-January, cry enough in February to get to March where I can put on my big girl pants, suck it up and get moving right along! LOL
Alright, give it up: what are you hoping to accomplish this year???