Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011's Shouldas, Wouldas and Couldas

Hi everyone and...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow, today is 1/1/11! Wait, in that case is it fair to say that "One is the Loneliest Number" after all? Not with so many of them in one place surely! Anyhoo, a lot of people say they never make "resolutions" at the new year because they always know they won't do them. I actually used to be one of those people. What's the point? I think it was the wise Homer Simpson that once said, "Trying is the first step towards failure." lol

But I have to admit that I've changed my mind about making resolutions (or goals) and what not. Part of it is the challenge, it's fun to see how much you can actually accomplish in one year. The other part for me is just having somewhere these things are written down so I don't get to December and say, "Crap, I meant to do that!" lol

I've decided not to add "have a baby" to the list because there's no way I can fail that one, this kid is coming whether we like it or not and of course, losing weight is always on the menu. lol So without further ado, here are some crafty things I would like to accomplish in this year, 2011:

1. Less Yappin', More Scrappin'


Y'all have NO idea how far behind I am in scrapping Toot's pictures. Let me put it this way, she's now two and I think the last I scrapped of her was when she was around 6-7 months old. Oops. lol I would love to get her caught up before the new baby gets here.

2. Cool Something or Other=Money - Most of the things I make (particularly crochet) are based on someone else's design/pattern so selling them is a no-no. This year I'd like to come up with something original and see if I can sell it. And if not, you'll be enjoying many more giveaways here on Just Add Glitter and Stir. lol :P

3. Knit a Bit



There are so many great patterns out there, I really want to glue myself to the needles and get knitting! Luckily I've got a great local yarn store that gives lessons and one of my close by friends has been trying to teach me forever so maybe this is the year I'll start paying attention. lol

5. Crafty Classes - So last year I signed up for a class with Alisa Burke and then was lucky enough to WIN one amazing class from Creative Lenna and did 100% diddly squat with both. SO this year I will be working on those and taking full advantage of their creative wisdom.


5. Christmas Cards, ho ho ho!

(Only picture of cards I've made that I could find...I should probably make more cards, lol)

If I start in January, I should be able to actually make at least one Christmas card to send out, yes? lol I've never really sent out a slew of Christmas cards and would love to do it this year.

6. More More MORE! - I want to do more giveaways, more swaps, more playing along with challenge sites, more bloggin', more blog visiting, more everything! The end of 2010 was a tough one for me creatively and bloggingly (yes, that's a word. *patent pending :P) so I am looking forward to having a more sparkly, creative 2011.

So there you have it! I figure between all of these creative goals, along with my real life and a new baby on the way, I'll get overwhelmed around mid-January, cry enough in February to get to March where I can put on my big girl pants, suck it up and get moving right along! LOL

Alright, give it up: what are you hoping to accomplish this year???

19 comments:

  1. I always loveeeeeeeeee to visit your blog!! You are soooooooooooo funny!!! I hope you have a very happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year! I'm still working on my goals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, yeah, and YEAH Baby! She is BACK!

    Lot of mine are along the same lines as yours. Finish my Alisa Burke class - I only got about halfway through but even what I learned there has been so invaluable! Finish my Suzi Blu class - again - the same. Finish my Willowing free class *ahem* notice a trend here? Take the new Willowing class and pay for out of Christmas money from my lovely Dad.

    Start selling. *much navel gazing at this one*

    Get my craft room cleared and made into a craft room and then spend at least an hour a day down there.

    Also make more than one Christmas card ;)

    Start living and accept myself. Stop putting things off until I reach that magical elusive size... So no more slouching around in the same two outfits, buy the clothes I like and that are me - accept the size I am , eat healthily, exercise and if I lose weight then all the better ;)


    Yeah - lets go we can reach these goals for sure eh? Happy 2011 Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggi, you know those lessons are there for you! Whenever you can, set some time aside. Why not combine your goals and make a fabric page (or 2 or 3) with Toots in mind? Either use photos of her printed on fabric or transfered and treat it like a textural scrapbook. Or, make a book she could have fun with. these are just ideas!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and all the lovely comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to another year with the fabulous and hysterical Maggi. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year maggi, good luck with all your fabulous goals - i can't wait to see all that you do - bloggingly is a fabulous word btw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, Maggi. I failed miserably with my goals in 2010 so I figure 2011 is just another year to concretize (hmm, didn't realize this wasn't a word. =p) them and finally make them true!

    So yay with unresolved resolutions! There is a brand-new year to start anew!

    Thank you so much for the lovely message on my blog and here's wishing you luck with all your goals and more! May you find happiness, tons of blessings and even more good luck! =)

    *hugs*
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Maggi! I love your crafty list - and I hope you get to achieve them all this year. :) I know you'll be able to come with some cool original crochet projects and I hope you do hold more swaps (I made two beautiful friends as a result of the last one). :) Here's to a happy, healthy and creative New Year! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Maggi....LOVE all of your goals for 2011!! Can't wait to participate in some of your giveaways and maybe even one of your swaps:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha lovin' your list! So March will be big girl pants time...yup we all need to suck it up and do that at some stage.

    Wishing you much happiness for 2011

    xoxo DJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so great seeing you blog again! Wishing you and your family MUCH happiness, joy and sparkle in 2011- it's gonna be a great year! love deb xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  12. A baby? A baby? I've been away too long!

    Loved your crafty resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE this list....it is a great one and have FUN checking off the LIST!!!!

    Wishing you a Fabulous New Year girlie...love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great resolutions for the year Maggi! :)

    So glad to have you back in blog land!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great list Maggi! Good luck to you with it all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't sent out Christmas cards in years. Maybe I should have put that on my list. Mine is on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your plans for 2011! I too would love to learn how to knit...but I don't want to give up my cardmaking time to do it. Maybe in 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to get out my knitting needles again. Thanks for the inspirations. Visit my blog sometime. http://seniormusingsmoments.blogspot.com/2011/01/cats-in-cradle-and-silver-spoon.html?spref=fb

    Have a great day Maggi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails