Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Turn Your Flats From Flat to Fabulous

Hi everyone!

Today I'd like to share a tutorial I found, my result from that tutorial and then tomorrow I'll show you how my new technique snowballed into something glittery and full of kick butt-edness.

The tutorial in question is this glitter shoe tutorial posted over at We Are Not Martha. I actually had a pair of abandoned flats just waiting for me to glitter up! Best part is that it looked super easy and relatively cheap to try out. This technique would be perfect for those Halloween costumes, New Year's parties or if you're like me, mopping the kitchen floor.

So this is what I started with:


And this is what I ended up with:


Ooooooo, sparkly! Make sure to visit the link above for the entire process but I will give you a tip: Read the instructions. Ha!

I initially thought I could remember the tutorial so I only read it a couple of times before giving it a shot. (Being the kind of person that says "poo poo" to instruction manuals, lol) So instead of mixing the glitter with the glue, I initially spread the glue on first, then poured the glitter over it. Then after seeing I screwed it up, went back and mixed glue with the glitter and gave it a couple more coats. The result was tons of sparkle with a probably thicker layer than I should have ended up with that took forever to dry. lol

I highly suggest giving this tutorial a try, it's super easy, relatively inexpensive and sure to bring a little sparkle to your day! :D

19 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! Love your glittery shoes Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love glittery shoes!!
    I wanna try those flat shoes but I can't put them.
    Because my height is very short :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love those! If I wasn't so caught up with spinning straw into gold I would TOTALLY try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this!!!!! SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!

    Wishing you a great one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooooooooo stinkin' CUTE!!! LOVE IT! And hehehehehehehehe... still laughing over the Toot video! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW is all i have to say....bring on the red glitter :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are too darn cute! hubby would KILL me though. he HATES glitter with an undying passion! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! Now I need to rummage around to find a pair of shoes to sparkle! How do they hold up with wear I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! So sparkly - perfect for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER CUTE! I love all things glittery! But I have had to tone it down (just a tad!) since the hubs is NOT a fan of glitter :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Callista Craig would spit glitter if I tried this but yours looks AMAZING Maggi :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for posting the tut, I think I need glittery shoes for housecleaning too!
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHHHH!!!! Can you hear me screaming? LOL Glitter shoes...just...too...awesome! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love anything that glitters...awesome shoes! I tend not to read instructions either...sometimes it works, sometimes not so much! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative but don't you kind of leave a trail behind as you walk? Cute blog.
    Blogspot Swap - I have been in your blog before. Please remember to rate comment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! Katelyn would go nuts!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails