Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Night Fab Five: I Love Minis. Period.

Hi everyone and welcome to another Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I like, love or generally adore for the week. This week is all about miniseries. I love miniseries and I love period pieces so with that in mind...

1. Downton Abbey

(Image: Period Films)

Downton Abbey is a PBS Masterpiece mini series and should not be missed! After watching the first episode I was already invested in detesting some of the characters. (The mark of a truly good series, lol) Plus it takes place during the early 1900's so the clothes and jewelry are fab-u-lous!

2. The Pillars of the Earth

(Image: Starz)

Based on a book by Ken Follett, The Pillars of the Earth is full of love, intrique and dirty dirty double crossing. Set during the mid 1200's this series is very captivating and worth a lookie loo for sure.

3. Pride and Prejudice

(Image: BBC)

I will maintain until my dying breath that the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (shown on the A&E channel here in the States) is the ONLY version of Pride and Prejudice worth seeing. The.Only.One.

4. Emma

(Image: PBS)

Emma might be my least favorite of the Jane Austen heroines but PBS's 2010 Emma miniseries is definitely my favorite movie version of this book.

5. Anne of Green Gables


I know I recently posted about Anne of Green Gables but it bears repeating: I love this miniseries so much!

And there you have it, this week's Friday Night Fab Five, full of awesome miniseries that deserve multiple viewings!

Announcement: I'd love to open up my Friday Night Fab Five and have some guests post their Fab Five here on my blog so if you're interested in guest posting a Fab Five one week, e-mail me at justaddglitter at gmail dot com and I will give you the details. :)

Do you have any favorites this week?

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED Downton Abbey. It was so fabulous. I'm so glad they are making another series of it. Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Greene Gables are two of my all-time favorites, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh .... Pride and Prejudice ... fave, fave, favorite!

    Thanks for bring it back to mind ... might have to find out if that's on Netflix :)

    But can afford that many hours of tv? It's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. You have *impeccable* taste! We just finished watching Pillars of the Earth and I LOVED IT! Pride and Prejudice is a favorite, as is Anne of Green Gables. Must get my hands on Downton Abbey now! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez-o-pete I think we are kindred spirits, (as Anne would say:)

    I have watched 4 out of the 5 in the last 10 days (there was a lot of downtime w this blizzard)....now I must be off to get a hold of Pillars of the Earth. I'm so glad you didn't jump on board with all the other bs Pride and Predudices....I don't know why they ever bother. That 1995 version cannot be beat. Colin Firth in a wet shirt, HELLO?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't a fan until now!! I will put these on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous choices! I am a fan of the miniseries, too. Especially period miniseries. Agree with all of these. Enjoy the weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeeeeee this post! And I would love love love love to guest for you... just don't know when I will be able to with my upcoming surgery... email me and we will work it out! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I loved Downton Abbey when they showed it here. Do you know I have never seen Pride & Predjudice? *gasp* But as I am developing a rather large Colin Firth crush (yes I know I'm rather late to that party!) I may have to check it out! Have you seen Lost In Austen? That's brilliant, see if you can find it. It's about a P&P fan that gets sucked into the World and the main female character from the book gets sucked into the modern world. Even has the Darcy pond scene :P

    Not posted mine yet but definitely will when I get home tonight :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post....all Perfect Classics!!!!

    Wishing you a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Downton Abby and Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites. The Pillars of the Earth has got to be the longest book I ever read; I didn't think I'd have the endurance to see the miniseries, but I may have to give it a try. I agree about Pride and Prejudice, haven't seen Emma yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails