Thursday, February 24, 2011

Girls and Their Toys

Hi everyone!

I wasn't going to post today BUT I've recently gotten a new toy and was excited to show you the first couple of shots from my new...camera! Diamonds are a girl's best friend but a DSLR is a blogger's best friend! :P Here's the first shot ever taken with my new "toy":

I love my little Canon point and shoot BUT have been dreaming of a DSLR for quite a while now. I decided to go with the Nikon D3100 and it is beautiful!

Of course my first few shots are of Toot. Believe it or not, she LOVES to say cheese when this camera is pointed at her. She must be able to smell Mommy's expensive taste...

Now I'm still using the automatic settings which are fine till I figure out what the heck I'm doing...But that's the beauty of this camera, you can taken decent pictures right out of the box and then get into the fancy stuff. :)

I also got a book on this particular camera but unfortunately am having problems. It reads like a text book and my brain wanders like a sheep SO I really need to buckle down and concentrate on getting through it if I wanted to get the most out of it.

Of course today would be cloudy so I haven't tried it outside yet but hopefully soon! I can't wait to see what I can do with this bad boy!

Or is my new toy a girl? Well, it's definitely screaming for a new chic bag and strap so if any of you DSLR peeps out there have suggestions for cutesy bags (that are big enough to double as a purse) and neck straps, please leave me some shop links! :D

Hope you're having a great day! See you tomorrow for another Friday Night Fab Five! :D

Follow my blog with bloglovin

21 comments:

  1. ooh i love those photos of Toot - she is so pretty. Have lots of fun with your camera xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=930&sort=price&sort_direction=0&page=2

    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Aha-/SLR-Camera-Cases

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=aha+camera+bag&sprefix=aha+camera+bag

    I don't know if these are your idea of cute (or if the links will even work) but I have one and its pink inside and really comfortable to carry!! Also you can get them fairly cheap!! Enjoy the delights of the DSLR :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Congrats on your new toy!

    I got my zebra/pink camera bag at www.snugglens.com - mine's the messenger style one, with 2 extra lens pockets & a cell pocket (inside) & 2 exterior pockets (I think it was the small bag...but it might have been the medium) - AMAZING quality & very much worth the price! I've only got the one lens so far, so I keep all the 'extras' (USB cord, lens caps, etc...) in one pocket, and have room for my wallet/keys/essential purse items in the other pocket.

    I picked up a pink minky/zebra print strap cover on Etsy - the seller was Chic Camera Strap Covers/heath2009.etsy.com - I found this one particularly cool because it just slipped over the strap that comes with the camera - and it was regular $20, but she was having a sale, so it was only $10!

    Hope that helps - happy accessory shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute shots! :-) I'd love to get a better camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for a new camera! I love new cameras: so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous and I so want one of these cameras! Look how awesome Toot is!!! Just got to love her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toot is such a DIVA! Love these piccies, don't think I have come out of automatic settings with mine yet *g*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your little peanut is as excited about your camera as you are :) So fun to have a willing model!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Toot pics...and Congrats on the new camera. When I bought my last Point and Shoot I looked a the "big girl" cameras and had an anxiety attack! It's so not going to happen, by the time I figured out how to set the thing the photo op would be over and everyone would have gone home...LOL But I admire that you're giving it a whirl and I know you'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That new camera sure shows off her shiny little cheeks! Congratulations on your "big girl camera."

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new toy! It does take wonderful shots- Toot is just adorable! As always. Have a great night and have fun!!!! I'll have to keep that camera in mind. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for youand your toy and don't worry I have had mine for a year and a half and I still use the automatic settings:) What sweet pictures of Toot she is such a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo!!! Yayyyyyyyyy for a new toy!! And loving the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oohhhh...I love new gadgets! So much fun! Love the photos of Toot! She's such a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so jealous and I so want one of these cameras! Look how awesome Toot is!!! Just gotta love her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What Fabulous Pics!!!! I have a Nikon and I love mine...so many things to learn to enhance your photography!!! I am still finding new things to do with my camera!!!

    ENJOY your new Girl TOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on the camera!!!! Looks like your in love already! Toot is getting sooo big! Oh my gosh and cute too Maggie! Hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY for new cameras! I LOVE my SLR! It's getting old tho, so we jsut bought our first point and shoot. I'm not much help on cute bags, my husband likes the basic old school black stuff. Men!?
    LOVE the "Cheesy" pics of Toot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awww what cute pics, toot is adorable!I'm glad you are having fun with your new toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your new Nikon!! You are going to love it, and it will become an extension of your hand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails