Monday, February 28, 2011

I Heart Simple Layouts

Hi everyone!

Scrapbooking doesn't have to be complicated with tons of tools, inks and embellishments. Now don't get me wrong, it's super F-U-N to scrap with all of that stuff BUT you don't need it to get your memories down on paper.

Case in point:

Toot was 13 months old in these pictures.

Because the pattern paper itself was pretty "pattern-y" I didn't want to overwhelm it with a bunch of embellishments. (I know, it's hard for me not to overwhelm any project. LOL) I did add a felt heart I found on clearance last Valentine's Day.

I did a simple sequin border around the first picture. I then decided to cut Toot out of the second picture and tried to make it look like she was standing behind the heart. :) A little punch out phrase for the title and there you go! One layout done and it took me about 10 minutes.

Some people find scrapbooking overwhelming with all the bells and whistles. But really, whether or not you have the latest papers or the newest inks or the fanciest machines it all boils down to putting your memories where you'll be sure to find them later. :)

Have a great day everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Super cute! I don't know, your layouts are fancier than anything I've ever done. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely find it over whelming...i tried to make my mum a scrapbook but had to give up in the end :-(

    I love that patterened paper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this layout ROCKS, and Toot is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute ... with just the right amount of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo sweet! She looks adorable! :) Really pretty layout Maggi!

    I have to be like a bird when it comes to scrapbooking - "cheep cheep!" lol...scrapbooking supplies are really pricey here. I cut the backs of papers out when I layer and I always upcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN to that last line of yours ma'am!! LOVE IT and soooooooooooo true! I love love love love this lo! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those photos and that heart background! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I {heart} this: "But really, whether or not you have the latest papers or the newest inks or the fanciest machines it all boils down to putting your memories where you'll be sure to find them later." You said it, sista! :> And of course, that Toot o' yours is so fantastically adorable!! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those photos! You need to come to the UK Maggi and teach me a few tricks - scrapbooking still scares me. Aaaargh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same as you, I'm amazed by the people who can make layer on layer of awesome stuff on an LO. But at the same time I love the "less is more" style as well, only a few important details here and there and a memory to last! ^o^

    This is awesome, love that sparkly frame around the photo! And I guess the paper has some foil'y effects as well? Pretty pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally fun and SOOOO cute! You are right - simple is often better! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. perfectly done! i love that paper in the background! you are so right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails