Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Swappin' Barbie ATC

Hi everyone!

I recently joined swap-bot.com which has been a lot of fun so far. There is every kind of swap you can imagine from crafty to non-crafty to e-mail and everything in between. One of the most recent swaps I participated in was a Vintage Barbie ATC swap.

Let's see, would I like this swap...Vintage? Yes. Barbie? Yes. ATC? YES. Okay, I was in. Now I just needed to make an ATC for my partner and here it is:

I took pink cardstock as my base and used bubble wrap to stamp on red paint. I had these cool vintage-y style Barbie magnets so I used one of those and then added a phrase from an Anne Taintor book.

One of my newest toys is the iRock rhinestone setter from Imaginisce so I used some of the metallic studs as well. And there it is, the first ATC I've made in a longgggggggggg time. lol

If you like to swap, be sure to check out swap-bot.com!

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I always find ATCs so hard because they are so small!

    P/s: I was just thinking of getting a Barbie doll for myself the other day because they have such lovely shoes these days...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's fabulous!

    Just had to laugh at Yyams comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeee it!! That quote makes me giggle!!! And tell Yvonne she can borrow Brookie's barbies... if I can find all the shoes!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this....I so want to buy that tool and now you have me wanting it even more!!!

    Love the title!!!! :-)

    Wishing you a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it- you and I are gonna do a barbie atc swap as soon as I have my studio back! We move on Friday, so it's total madness this week, but I am so excited! I just bought a cabinet for my Barbie's. I am gonna just debox them all and put them on pink stands in there so I can enjoy them! I'll e-mail you as soon as I get settled in. Hope you are doing well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Barbie ATC is great! Thanks for sharing that cool site, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of your ATC skills.....I really want to try it but I just don't know were to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo, how i love to stamp with bubble wrap! thanks for following and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally forgot that you told me about swap-bot! LOL I will HAVE to remember to check it out. Your Barbie ATC is so cute - I think your partner is going to adore it! Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails