Monday, February 14, 2011

Toot's Biggest Fan

Hi everyone and Happy Valentine's Day! My husband is working a triple shift and I'm pregnant and big as a house so yeah, love is awesome and stuff.

Anyhoo...

One day I noticed that Toot's favorite blanket needed to be washed and so I went to get it from Toot to toss it in the washer. Now although this is her favorite blanket, Toot's never really acted like it's her "blankie". (She actually calls it "fan" for some reason.) So she very sweetly handed it to me when I told her it was going to get a "bath" and calmly watched me throw it in the washer and start it up.

Then, apparently she put two and two together because all hell broke loose. "Where fan?!" "Me fan!" "Where go fan?!" "Out fan, no bath!" "Fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" So after trying to explain to a two year old the mechanics of a washing machine, she set up camp and refused to move.

She sat here the entire time. Maybe I should wash this blanket more often because it was like a 33 minute cycle. And then to the dryer they both went...

By the way, this wasn't a different day from the first picture and this wasn't taken during Christmas. I got her past the washer long enough to try and dress her. She picked out her "Santa Claus" dress even though it's January and I figured I had tortured her enough for one day so whatever.

In the end she waited until the "fan" came out of the dryer and a look of joy, the likes of which I've never seen, lighted up her face. She turned that look of joy upon me which made me feel like I was the best mom in the world! She gripped the freshly laundered "fan" in her sweet baby hands, promptly threw it to the floor, said "Fan hot" and wandered off to watch Backyardigans.

*face palm*

16 comments:

  1. Ahhh...another exciting episode in Chronicles of Toot! ;)

    She has a longer attention span than some grown people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Brilliance! Love those piccies MAggi. Phoebe used to be the same with Doodles the dog, complete hysteria if I tried to wash him. Had to wait till she was at playgroup and later school in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... your's and my valentines day seems to have a common theme: Laundry!!!
    Happy valentines to you and your growing family!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! That is soooooooooooooo funny!!!! You have me rolling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torture? The blanket got clean, Toot was preoccupied, and Toot got to wear her Santa dress. Sounds like a win-win situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post - thanks for sharing and the photos of Toot are so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Ha! What a terrific post! Thanks for making my day! I love little people and their little soap opera lives! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love kids! Great post and cute photos of Toot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggi, I swear. You are the funniest blogger I read. I love your posts! And these two photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHHHHHHHHH this is tooooo funny...Having a tough morning and here you are to place a big smile on my face!!!

    Children are amazing and this story is adorable!!

    Have a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun story. By the way (I offer this as a handy hint), when my daughters were young, I convinced them it was an act of love that I dressed them in warm clothes fresh from the dryer (later, they figured out it had to do with my housekeeping inabilities).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Maggi,this is one of those memories..you know the kind..the ones that make you smile,without you even realizing it!!Sweet precious Toot is too cute for words.Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha you kill me girl!!! You gave the best personality, I swear!

    I love Toot!!!!! How adorable is she sitting by the washing machine!!!!!!!!!! What a cutie! Send me her pics, I'll scrap her for ya!!!!!!!! lol

    I can't believe YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY SOON! whoohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! That sweet Toot. LOL She cracks me up - too adorable. Think of that being Toot's Valentine dress - it is red after all. Hope you had a wonderful day after the fan stuff! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, that is adorable. So at least you know how to occupy her for a bit if needed? lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Toot is the cootest! :D I love reading about her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails