Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Will Crochet For Scraps

Hi everyone!

Some of you may remember my post, 2011's Shouldas Wouldas and Couldas in which I listed some crafty resolutions, the first being "Less Yappin', More Scrappin'".

Just in case you missed the post, here's what I said:

"Y'all have NO idea how far behind I am in scrapping Toot's pictures. Let me put it this way, she's now two and I think the last I scrapped of her was when she was around 6-7 months old. Oops. lol I would love to get her caught up before the new baby gets here."

So I finally went through and organized what exactly needs to get scrapped and when I finally awoke from my Faint of Overwhelmed Scrapper Who Will Never See the Light of Day Again, I took a picture of just how far behind I am...you know, just in case any of you think I'm exaggerating:

There's not enough tape runners in the world...

Okay, so what you're looking at is two Christmases, a Renaissance Festival, two Easter Bunny meets, plus Toot's pictures from 5 months to one year. This picture doesn't even count what's still in Shutterfly needing to be printed and scrapped which includes Toot's rest of one year through 2 years up to now, another Christmas and Renaissance Festival, a snow day, TWO trips to New York and Heaven knows what else.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I figure at this point I have two choices: stand on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that says "Will crochet for scraps" or I'll stick all my pictures in a box and stand outside my local scrapbooking store with puppy dog eyes. Maybe one of those scrappin' ladies will take pity on me...

18 comments:

  1. First of all - how are you finding time to post and OWOH at the same time?

    Secondly - I'm in the same boat but with 3 of them so quit yer whinging and get scrapping.

    Thirdly - my tough love is so I don't have to face it myself ;)

    Mwaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could do a "best of" scrapbook and just scrapbook one favorite picture from all of those events? Good luck. It definitely sounds like you have your work cut out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or... how about making a blog... then making a book from the blog. I know lots who are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggi, I feel like I need to give you a huge medal made out of your favorite chocolate because I would not even know how or when or from where to begin. :-) I simply am amazed at your ability to do fantastic crapbooking and with your permission will sit back and wait for another amaizing result!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that feeling about scrapbooking on a regular basis. I never got the hang of it. I think I'm just going to do some online photo album. :) I'm such a cheater!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmmmm, I'm thinking cupcake scarf for a 20 page TooT album here! lmao! seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just pick whichever photo I feel like scrapping at the moment and go for it! It leaves me bunches of unused photos, but maybe someday I'll feel like scrapping them too. ^-^
    No need to feel bad about it, one should scrap for fun, not as if it's one's job. ;3

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are overloaded lady!

    I think I would take Deb up on her offer! LOL! Something similar could be arranged here as well. Might like scrappping someone else's pictures better than my own! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear!! I think you are like me...take ALOT of photos :-P I tried to make a scrapbook once but I couldn't cope :-P I'd take some crochet stuff in excahnge for a scrapbook page...hell yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! Good luck! I'm practicing some digi scrapping, would be happy to play with some of toots digi pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 2 cardboard boxes full of photos next to my bed so I remember every day I MUST organise them, I have had them in boxes there now for 5 years, that was around the same time I bought my 1st digital camera... now I have 4 gigs on my hard drive full of photos there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grab the bull by the horns and go girl! At least you're planning to do scrapbooking with yours...I felt fortunate to just get mine into albums...at least I can sit and look at the pictures now...even if the presentation isn't very artistic or creative (and the pictures keep falling out...LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggi, you can totally do this. I have three kids and I recently caught up all three of their scrapbooks (more than two years worth) Granted, they are older so the picture moments are fewer but here's my theory to share with you. Get the photos in the books and journal. Just something so you can remember what the pic is. Once everything is in the book(s) you can go back and add cutsie things or embellies but the important thing will be that the pics are in the books and you've written down the memories associated with the pics. Believe me, you'll have time later to add those special touches but you'll be happy to have the photos in books and documented. :) Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL LOL LOL! I am laughing, because I can relate! LOL!! I could live to be 300 years old and STILL not get caught up... lol... maybe I need to STOP taking pics! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeeee-ahhh ... I have four little people and can feel your pain! Two have "first year scrap books", #3 has HALF a book (and some photos in an envelope "all ready") and #4 doesn't even have a baby book. Poor little peanut. I do have lots of digital pics and I make digital DVD's of the kids. And I play with the kids. And feed them. :) There just aren't enough hours in the day!

    Cute blog ... I'll be back!

    http://snapshots-morgan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheesh, I wish I lived closer - I would love to come over and have a crop with you and knock these layouts out before the new arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. if you are serious on crocheting for scraps, PLEASE email me!! I have GAZILLLIONS of paper... and would LOVE a crocheted item!

    alyce

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails