Friday, May 6, 2011

Due

Hi everyone!

Well, today is my official "due date" although babies have a mind of their own so I'm not holding my breath. They ended up having to smoke Toot out and there were claw marks on my uterus from where she was holding on, she was in no rush to be born to say the least.

I was hoping that this baby would get some of my *ahem* impatience but so far no go. Oh well, maybe she's waiting till Mother's Day although if she really loved her Mother she get the heck out already. :P

So I'm focusing on other things: making sure everything is packed for the hospital, chasing Toot around while trying to convince her that sitting still and watching a movie is actually good for her cause Mommy needs a break, getting bills in order, things like that.

I've also been trying to "visualize" the birth and hoping that this is the room I'll be given at the hospital:


You know, when I was pregnant with Toot I had this idea that when I walked in the maternity center, everyone would dance around and sing "Be Our Guest" a la Beauty and the Beast...

"It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you to relax, let us pull up a bed, as the maternity center proudly presents...your baby!"



But that didn't happen. Maybe this time...

17 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, oh Maggi! You crack me up. I totally pictured people doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny. :) Good luck with everything and I hope you do find yourself in that fabulous room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if you make a delicious cake, the baby will smell the yummy smell and want to come out?
    I love that picture.
    *kisses* HH
    p.s. wishing you a wonderful mothers day :D I can't wait for your next post of good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl can still dream! I love the idea of a pink, plush delivery room ... might take your mind of matters.

    Happy Mother's Day ... and hope you have two little cuties to love on by then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! And with what we go through, we SHOULD have L & D rooms like that!!! I am sending you lots of love and good wishes! May you have a safe & speedy delivery! Can't wait to see her! (Watch her wait for Mother's Day! That would be something!!!!!)
    xoxox love you!xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee that is awesome! I hope your little one makes an appearance soon, I can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and the little one the best. Toot will make a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maggi! I hope that your little sweetie decides to arrive very quickly. Best of wishes to you all!!! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping for a quick appearance. Praying for both mom and babe. Love ya girlie!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sounds just like me...My Mom so wanted me to be born before Mother's Day...it was on the 10th and I would have no parts....so she wanted me to stay in until the 16th because that was my Dad's Birthday...but I came when I wanted to....right in the middle on the 13TH!!!! She has her special day all planned and a surprise for Mommy!!!

    Danielle would love to have her L&D rooms look like that...can you imagine?????

    Wishing you a healthy and happy birthday....Mother's Day!!!!

    Love ya sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn't it be AWESOME if you had a birthing room like that?!?!? I loveeeeeeeee this post! Good luck my dearest!! And Happy Mothers Day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm I think you may have been at the pain drugs already sweetie! *g*

    Good luck Maggi - will be thinking of you - remember to take your phone or laptop in and tweet from the delivery room! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maggi,

    Thinking about you and wishing you all the best!
    xoxo
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to have deleted the above post! My once a sweet baby changed the google account, so I responded to this as someone called jojoflobo! I'm sorry your baby is being pesky already! Pregnancy does get tiresome at the end. It always seems to happen when you've just gotten to sleep! My advise to you is not to eat anything heavy (including hot fudge sundays) once the contractions start! Birth really is an adventure, and it's different every time. I really hope yours somewhat matches your visualization! Prayers and hugs going out to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lmao... I'm going to be giggling all day now.

    I'm imagining maternity staff putting on a musical performance, cartwheeling mums-to-be and dads fainting in time to the music!

    Hope the babe has arrived by now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maggi,

    You and the soon-to-be-born bundle of joy are nestled soundly in my thoughts, sweet dear. Hoping you're both doing wonderfully in every way.


    Oodles of hugs & blissful wishes,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails