Friday, July 22, 2011

Tradition, Mixed Media Style

Hi everyone!

No Friday Night Fab Five this week because I couldn't wait to show you my newest creation. :) Believe it or not, I have something to show you that is NOT crocheted. Well actually there is a little bit of crochet on my newest project but just a little I promise. :) This is the first mixed media piece I have done in AGES. And boy, it was fun to create. Presenting "Tradition":



I think I had forgotten how fun it was to dip my fingers in Mod Podge and glue something awesome onto some awesome something. This is an 8x8 canvas on which I used various papers from Gauche Alchemy's ACME kit.

I used punchinella as a stencil to paint on the background. I also tried distressing it further using Distress Inks.

The vintage picture and picture slide were fun surprises sent to me from Julie. I crocheted around an old plastic embroidery hoop to "frame" the slide.

I love using zippers on projects and layouts! I also added some buttons and decided to use crackle paint around the edges of the canvas to give it a little more character:

I really enjoyed creating this canvas. Thanks for taking a peek! :)

13 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Maggi! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeee that photo and loving the crocheted frame!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah cool! I really wish I could get into mixed media....you guys make it look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! Sticking stuff on stuff is super therapeutic huh? Love the crochet frame...so you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! The little touch of crochet is perfect!! Two babies and still creating!! I am amazed:) You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent collage piece! Great composition and the colors are great too. Thanks for sharing your work Maggi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *swoon* love this piece Maggi!!!! It's wonderful!!! have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous piece! You are so talented :)
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fabulous is this! I just love it, Maggi. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so glad to see this on your blog after you mentioned it, maggi. What a great collage! I love the crackle paint around the edges, that is a really nice touch and gives it a nice finish. I love the look and your green stamp background!
    : ^) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many neat touches that bring it all together. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails