Friday, September 2, 2011

I Love Gauche Alchemy...and Free Stuff

Hi everyone!

I'm going to skip my Fab Five for this week because:

1. I have something new to show you that I'm super proud of...

and 2. I have something to tell you that I'm super excited about.

Good enough reasons to skip a Fab Five, yes? Actually, since I have two things to show/tell you about, I guess I could call this a Friday Night Fab Two.  Anyhoo, I made this!

My Gauche Alchemy banner!
I help out writing the blog over at Gauche Alchemy and this month they're celebrating their 3rd birthday! So in honor of that and the fact that I've always loved GA's kits of "lost things", I decided to make this banner.It all started with a vintage ad showing a housewife holding an oven door.

Once I saw that, I started to wonder if the Gauche Alchemy business card wouldn't fit right in her hands. And it worked! I love it when inspiration strikes like that. I actually cut the business card in half, used part of it for the happy housewife to hold and the other half on the left side of the banner by the golden happy bunny. :D

"Oh look! I'm holding a Gauche Alchemy card. How keen!"
I cut a strip of Ouchless Cardboard for the background then added some pieces from our ACME kit. (Music paper I ripped up and Mod Podged over the cardboard) I used some Punchinella as a stencil and also stapled some to the cardboard. Stenciling is actually one of my favorite things to do with punchinella.

See that little bell? It's actually a clip on earring. :)
I painted over part of the cardboard with Distress Crackle paint and decided to add some pieces from our Banana Hammock, Wedding Night and Blue Streak Mixed Media Color Kits. I sewed the string of lights to the background and added Stickles to the little blue bracket thingie.

Toot actually really loved this project. She's been carrying it around and singing, I guess she figures the sheet music on the background is her song book. lol

So there's what I made, now here's what I want to tell you: All month long, Gauche Alchemy is celebrating and giving away some awesome stuff. Today we've announced our biggest contest which is a FREE 3 month subscription to our ACME kit! All you have to do is make something to show your love for GA. And we're not just looking for one particular craft either, we'd love to see some digital entries like a GA blog banner, Facebook landing page or Twitter background page. You have until the 28th of this month to enter and I would LOVE to see some familiar faces over there so do join in! You don't have to use GA products to enter, just create something showing your GA love and you're in!

As a sidenote, thank you all so much for the anniversary wishes! 4 years isn't all that long (Although some days it feel like 40 years, lol) but we've done a lot in those 4 years (2 babies, HELLO!) lol

Have a great weekend everyone and go enter the GA contest!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh that is just AWESOME Maggi! I loveeeeeeee the woman and loveeeeeeeee the lights across the top! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great banner you created, Maggi! I love it. Happy (late) anniversary to you. :) I wish you many more happy years together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails