Monday, September 26, 2011

No Time for Losers Cause I Am The Champion!

Hi everyone!

Real quick, I'm guest blogging...well, I answered some awesome questions anyway over at mommaruthsays so check it out! :D

My husband works on the other side of town, it's a bit of a drive to get him over there every day. Luckily the Michael's, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby surrounding his workplace more than makes up for the gas and mileage spent getting over there. Sometimes when he's off and one of these crafty stores is having some sort of one day sale or awesome coupon I'll ask him, "Hey Honey, don't you need to go to work for some reason?"

This was the case yesterday as AC Moore was premiering some new yarns and decided to celebrate with some make and takes (Toot made a yarn ghost), some demonstrations (both knitting so that counted me out) and....two giveaways: a gift basket of the new yarns and $100 YARN gift certificate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 (<---I added some 1's to the exclamation points to show you how excited I was about this giveaway)

Anyhoo, the husband was off (of work, not his rocker although I have my suspicions) and I thoughtfully dragged my mom and Toot all the way across town to enter these giveaways. I had decided that the $100 yarn certificate was going to be mine. I went into the store and filled out about 20 tickets (I could only get my mom to fill out 5...whatever, Mom!) and because you had to be present to win, tried to find something to do as we wandered around the store for 2 hours. (!)

I scoped out the yarn to think about what I would get with my winnings, tried to keep Toot from unrolling all of the skeins and bought my mom Starbucks to try and bribe her to fill out more tickets. After all, I NEED this yarn! Well, need may kind of strong but I just need it okay? I can stop any time I want. But there was no way I was walking out of that store without $100 worth of yarn and if I needed to knock down some old lady that won, then so be it. So we waited with bated breath (and sore feet, we were there forever!) for them to announce the winner...

And then.... I WON THE $100 YARN GIFT CERTIFICATE! Cue Queen!



And here's what $100 worth of yarn looks like:


Best shopping trip ever.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win. You got some great buys.


    I wasn't able to go yesterday, but DH has promised we will hit the yarn sale tonight. I have a rewards coupon that is burning a hole in my pocket and I have some yarn I want to pick up with it on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! you can do lots with all that pretty yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOO YA! You go girl...nothing like loot from a win. I LOVE YOUR STORIES. Wish we lived closer...I'm not a stalker (really) but I think you would be fun to hang out and craft with. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Maggi! That's awesome and I'm sure you're going to make some amazing stuff with it. :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock ON, Maggi! That is so cool. Nothing like some pretty yarn to get yourself excited for fall. :) Can't wait to see what you whip up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!! YOU GO GIRL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo!!!!When you want something, go for it!!! So glad you are the champion!!! $100 of yarn looks very good!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! That is certainly a jackpot - better than christmas! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!111!!! ;)

    ~Mellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowsers!! Well doen you :-) i'd probably cry with joy at winning that amount of yarn ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Maggi! yay! That's a lot of yarn there.
    Happy creating;) heee...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's freakin' awesome. I'm inspired by your determination and perseverance. You go girl! (now that I've said all those nice things, can I please have some of that yarn? Pretty please?! No? Ah well! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails