Monday, October 3, 2011

Hook, Line and Stinker


It's no secret that I love crochet.  And when I say I *love* crochet, I mean everything about, pertaining to, alluding to or otherwise concerning crochet.  I love the yarn, the hooks, the patterns, the magazines, the books, the designers, the online communities like Ravelry and Crochetville and the hooker blogs like Crochetbug. I'm so obsessed with it that I even stalk super awesome sites like KnitPurlGurl and Tiny Owl Knits that are mostly about knitting (which I'm still not very good at, cut to picture of half knitted dishcloth currently collecting dust beside me) just because I love the fiber arts that much.

I love finding new projects to start and finishing them is even better (which happens less often than the starting of them I admit).  We're heading off to the Renaissance Faire this weekend (we always go the month of my birthday) and I've decided that Toot MUST have a hooded cape to wear with her fancy dress.  And of course nothing would do but that I should crochet said hooded cape that said Toot needs by said weekend.  Said.

So I started a pattern from Linda Permann's book Little Crochet and....well...it wasn't working for me. So I started again, this time using a pattern from the September/October 2011 issue of Crochet Today and...well...that wasn't sparking my hook either. SO I started AGAIN today using a little bit from BOTH patterns and now...well...

Okay, I admit it.  I'm sitting here blogging (hiding behind my blog might be more accurate), right this very minute, because I don't want to keep crocheting this thing. (Added sidenote: Toot is currently standing beside me, taking off her clothes.  She just, right this very minute, declared, "Mama...I'm nakeneed!") I want to quit. I want to set my hooks down and work on something more fun because this hooded cape is bo-RING. Don't get me wrong, the patterns are great but dude, I so want to be hooking something else right now.  Or finish reading "Sweater Quest" by Adrienne Martini to see if she got her Fair Isle sweater done even though I sneaked over to her blog and saw that she *spoiler alert* did. (And it's amazing BTW)

Normally I would tell myself, "Take a step back. Take a break, work on something else and then come back to it."  (Hey Mind Maggi, why don't you mind your own business?)  But with a dun dun DUN "THIS WEEKEND"  deadline looming, I don't have the luxury of quitting.  Boo-urns!  So I've decided that Toot is going to the Faire in this thing whether it's finished or she just ends up carrying a skein of yarn around with a sign that says, "<----Hooded Cape".

Alright, well...I can't think of anything else to write so that must be my inner crafter's guilt goading me back to the hook.  Wait, the phone's ringing!  I better answer that first, I'm sure it's important...

6 comments:

  1. I love Tiny Owl Knits! And I hear you about getting bored sometimes with projects...sometimes if it's too monotonous, it becomes "alright already!" LOL I hope you have fun at the Faire and get Toot's cape finished in time. Just keep thinking "faire, faire, faire!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it get those hooks back out and get to hookin'!! I have faith in you girl and I can' wait to see the end product:) Now get to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say if you think you need a break...then take it... the yarn will still be there in the end :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear....nothing worse than HAVING to do a project and really not wanting too! Good luck and enjoy the faie no matter what happens with the hooded cape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you can do it daaaaahling, and you are going to do an incredible job, but sometimes taking a step back really is the best idea.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! Am imagining poor Toot with a wheelbarrow of wool trundling along in front of her!

    Waht amazes me is how easy you talk of switching a bit of this pattern in with a bit of that. Are you some kind of genius or what?

    I know the GAAAAAAAAAARGH! feeling all to well. Is best to step away for a while. Step away. Then work your bum off like a mad thing as the deadline looms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails