Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Birds of a Feather Get Glued Together

Hi everyone!

Recently I created a mixed media canvas inspired by Gauche Alchemy's guest designer for November, Frieda Oxenham. Frieda loves nature and I've been hanging onto a vintage book page with birds on it for ages. It felt good to finally get a chance to use it.


More pics after the jump


I started with a canvas I found at my favorite thrift store and covered it with Gesso and book pages. I then attached Gauche Alchemy's Dark and Light Woodgrain Punchinella onto the background in alternating strips.  You'll notice that the piece of rope around the border is frayed.  As much as I would love to tell you that I did that on purpose because I'm a deep thinking creator, I have to admit that Toot got a hold of it and decided to play "cowboy".  Ah well, it adds a nice touch. :P

The birds were from the ACME Kit which I mounted on White Ouchless Cardboard and I added pieces from the Blue Streak and It's All Gravy, Baby! Mixed Media Color Kits.

Of course I had to add Distress Crackle Paint to the edges of the canvas.  Can't leave them all naked and what not. :D

What have you been working on lately?

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Love the whole look of this~ And yes, the frayed cowboy-rope is a neat detail... ;3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the frayed rope also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome Maggi! I loveeeeeeeeeee the birds and that feather! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Maggi! Just love how you used the woodgrain punchinella! And those darling birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frayed rope is great. Add another "feathery" element to the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww wow cute canvas :-) I love the little vintage birdies :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails