Monday, November 28, 2011

Crochet in the Wild

Hi everyone!

You know, behind every good couch is a crocheted afghan. At least that's the story TV is selling us these days. Best story ever. I'm always on the look out for crocheted what nots in the background of my favorite movies and TV shows. In fact, I'm often pausing what we're watching (usually multiples times) to get pictures of my findings. My family loves it...at least I assume so.

Anyhoo, here's a crocheted beauty on "Psych" behind the lovely Molly Ringwald:


The granny square delight on the couch of Amy Farrah Fowler on "The Big Bang Theory":




And this fantastic afghan behind a hungover Ann Perkins on "Parks and Recreation":


Cool, right? By the way, how does one apply to be a set hooker anyway? I would really love that job.

7 comments:

  1. Et tu Brute? I totally have screenshots saved on my computer from a stupid Lifetime Coco Chanel biop, because I totally loved one of the sweaters she was wearing in it. I'm going to make that sweater, I tell you! Film is just so much more enjoyable when you can focus on fiber. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post and you could totally be the hooker for TV shows! I also love that you posted a picture of the BIg Bang Theory my FAVORITE show!! haha too funny. And I can't wait to get my super cute scarf out of the closet to wear this winter thanks to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot Roseanne! lol!! Loveeeeeeeeeee these! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen Lafayettes crocheted blanket on True Blood? Gorgeous! I want it!

    You are not alone Maggi! And I don't even crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! http://www.dorkadore.com/geekcraft/lafayettes-true-blood-afghan-crochet-pattern/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I found the "Tao of Gus" afghan and posted it on my page: http://manicmeanderings.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-next-project.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails