Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Oh the Sweater Outside is Frightful

Hi everyone!

Christmas is over, are you recovered yet? Now we get to look forward to a brand new year, see you in hell 2011! But before we ring in another year of possibilities, I wanted to show you what I made for my mom this year. I offered to crochet her something for Christmas and she picked out a sweater coat. Well, crap. I say that because I had never hooked up a sweater type thing before so this was a major project. But I did it! I can't decide if I'm happier with the way it came out or that I actually finished it in time to get it under the tree. Sometimes finishing something is more reward than anything else.

My mom will be PO'd that I posted a picture of her but she's gorgeous, I love her and she can kiss my grits. :P

I used the Broadway Coat pattern from the September/October 2011 issue of Crochet Today magazine. And although the sizing is a bit wonky I think, I'm so proud of it. My first major crochet project finished! And sort of wearable! In your face, no skill! :D


This pattern was actually pretty easy, thank goodness! It also gave me the confidence to try harder crochet projects in 2012. Maybe even something for myself I dare say?


I hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a bright shiny happy new year!

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you use everyone else as your guinea pigs to perfect your skills before you make something for yourself :D :D :D

    I just love this (and everything you crochet!) you're Mum is just gorgous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project, you did a great job it is beautiful. Your mom is gorgeous and may I say you used a great color for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sweater for a beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom is GORGEOUS!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee what you made for her!! It is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable picture of your Mum in an adorable sweater :-D YAAAAYYYYY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails