Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Night Fab Five and Winners!

Hi everyone!

First a funny story: So I've been going on and on about my 4 year blogging anniversary and one night I'm looking at Toot thinking what a sweet three year old I have and how I started blogging after she was born. My three year old. I started blogging after she was born. Three years old. After. It is NOT my 4 year blogging anniversary. It is my THREE year anniversary. *face palm* Good night mama, I must still be postpartum because I've obviously gone insane and have forgotten how to do elementary math. So join me next year when we'll celebrate 4 years of blogging all over again. LOL Oh brother...

Anyhoo, time for the winners of my Not-Really-Four-Years-It's-Only-Been-Three-Years Blogging Anniversary! Thanks to everyone that entered! Without further ado, the winners, picked by Random.org are:

Cupcake Hat: Julie!
Chipboard Mini Album Pack: Jacque!
Custom Cloche: Jocelyn!
Gauche Alchemy Pack: Theresa!
My Favorites: Emma!

Congrats to the winners! Please e-mail me your address: justaddglitter at gmail dot com :D *Jocelyn, please also let me know what color you would like your hat to be*

Now, on to this week's Friday Night Fab Five!

1. The Sketchbook Project





The Sketchbook Project is an amazing collective put on by the Art House Co op in Brooklyn, New York. Essentially, you sign up, they send you a blank sketchbook, you fill it up, send it back to them and it goes into their library for anyone to peruse at their leisure. They get sketchbooks in different mediums from artists all over the world. A few artists I heartily admire have participated in the past and I decided to join in their Limited Edition project for 2012. More on this as I get started!

2. International Delight Iced Coffee

(Image Credit)

I love me some Starbucks iced coffee but I really love having a big 'ol thing of iced coffee ready made in my fridge. Enter International Delight's premade iced coffee. Yum-o! It's a little pricey (about $4 for the carton) but when you figure it saving you trips to Starbucks, I told my husband it's already paid for itself. :P

3. On Agate Hill
(Image Credit)

This was a book I received for Christmas and it was a great read, although rather sad. Written by Lee Smith, it tells the story of Molly Petree and her orphaned life after the Civil War through the early 1900's. I also loved it because it takes place in North Carolina. If you like historical fiction, check this one out.

4. Chuck Close's Thoughts on Artistic Inspiration

Chuck Close is an artist and this is his response to having "no inspiration" to create. I love love love what he had to say and need to write this out and put it somewhere I'll see it when I start whining about the whole "no mojo" thing.

“The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who'll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you're sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that's almost never the case.”
― Chuck Close

5. Drunk Ron Swanson

Someone please tell me they watch and love Parks and Rec! The show is hilarious, I want to be Amy Poehler's BFF but Ron Swanson is The Man. Someone made an infinite loop of a dancing drunk Ron Swanson and I could watch it for hours. I won't, but I could. Experience the glory here: drunkronswanson.com.

And that it's for this week's Friday Night Fab Five! What are your favorites this week?

12 comments:

  1. Hey, a blog anniversary is a blog anniversary is a blog anniversary right. Happy three years! Here's to many more! No big deal; besides, you can have a second four year blogging anniversary next year. How many people can say they did that?!

    I'm putting On Agate Hill on my wishlist. Historical fiction is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome surprise! Hooray to all your lucky winners. I am so happy - thank you, Maggi! I am loving your Fab Five. And YES - we DO watch and LOVE Parks and Rec. My hubby and I always say that Ron Swanson will go down in TV history as a classic sitcom character. I adore Amy Poehler. :) I've heard a lot about the Sketchbook Project - would love to take part one day. Hope you have an amazing weekend and thank you again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! I won?!?!?!?!!?!? HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY dance!!!!! Thank you my friend!!!! I loveeeeeeeee your fave's this week! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! I won! I won! I'm so insanely excited!!!

    And you know what they say, 3 is the new 4. I'm sure Toot would agree.

    P.S. Love that quote about inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners! I'll go and sob into my soup now cos I wasn't one of them :-(

    I LOVE the cover of On Agate Hill, who cares if it's a god read too!

    Good luck with the Sketchbook, I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce. I MUST start mine too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you joined the Limited Edition Sketchbook, Maggie! I will start working on mine in February. The theme I picked is create & capture -what is yours??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo-hoo!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! So excited!!!! So here's to three years and we can't wait to hang with you for many more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners, and congrats to you on your three year blogiversary! ^o^

    Here in Sweden we're getting our first Starbucks this winter 2012. Reading the hype of bloggers saying how awesome they are, I'm quite excited to try them myself... X3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh well what's a year between freinds hey?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl! I am a total schlup. All this time, I thought I was a follower on your blog, only to realize that I wasn't. I'm not just a schlup. I'm a schluppy schlup! Aaaaanyway. I can't wait to see your art journal come together. I know it's gonna be beyond ace-kickin' awesome. I think I'm gonna jump on board for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. K, I am a historical fiction buff, going to download this book to me hip and happenin' ereader pronto.
    Thx for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the lucky winners and thanks for the book recommendation -- right up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails