Monday, January 23, 2012

The Gauche Woman

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the blogoversary good wishes and for the happy get well thoughts. I'm still feeling pretty gross but I'm sure it'll blow over soon. :D

A little project to show you today! I got a chance to play with the Knick Knack Paddy Whack Project Kit from the Gauche Alchemy store and this kit it so cool, I just love little shadowboxes! This kit comes with a naked shadowbox and some Gauche Alchemy whatnots, perfect for a one shot project. Here's what I made:


I started by painting the box, including the inside, with brown and gold paints, then added a couple layers of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint (I'm addicted to the stuff!) Then on top of that I rubbed on some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I'm proud to say that with the exception of the little vintage photo in the middle square, everything came from the kit. Y'all know I gotta have my glitter so the butterfly in the bottom left got a dose of Stickles. (Which, by the way, I had to do multiple times as my three year old kept sticking her finger in it. D'oh!)


There are so many great components that come with this kit like rusty keys, game cards, cool fabric remnants and of course a piece of Punchinella which I used as a stencil and stamp on some of the backgrounds for my squares. And the little bit of bling that comes with the kit was the perfect finishing touch for part of the outside frame.


I felt pretty good after getting this one finished as I "got stuck" for a while on where I was going. I've found that when I'm getting blocked on a project, I'll do a little bit, take a break, rinse and repeat. Usually the finished product is worth the extra time!

Don't forget about my blogoversary giveaways: Day 1: Cupcake Hat and Day 2: Mini Albums and Chipboard and Day 3: Custom Cloche and Day 4: Gauche Alchemy and Day 5: Fab Five.

7 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! Love love love all the vintage goodness in here!!! Hope you feel better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow thats amazing! I love shadow boxes! I'd love to paint one myself! I think i've caught your cold threw the computer as i feel Blurgh today :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow thats amazing! I love shadow boxes! I'd love to paint one myself! I think i've caught your cold threw the computer as i feel Blurgh today :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally awesome title - the gauche woman - loving this project :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Maggi! It looks great and I wish my mind put things together the way yours does:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shadow box is awesome! Thanks for sharing your latest project. And I hope you will soon feel MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is really beautiful!!!! I adore shadowboxes. :) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails