Monday, January 2, 2012

Hooking Up Some Strawberry Shortcake

Hi everyone! As I'm sure you know already, Toot is obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake, in particular the updated version of the character:

(Picture from The Hub)

So for Christmas 2011, I crocheted her this hat using the Girl's Newsboy Hat pattern from the November 2009 issue of Crochet! magazine. I, of course, added some Strawberry Shortcake flavor to it:




This was a pretty quick pattern to hook up and luckily I had the yarn on hand to make it for Toot.


I just realized that I've got no pics of her actually in the hat. How the heck did that happen? lol

15 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!!! Toooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! LOVE IT! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that's ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she looks soooooo cute in that hat :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous :D I remember my Strawberry Shortcake doll, sniffing her hair. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Didn't realise there was a new version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. berry cool - my daughter skyler loves "ut-ake" too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. freaking adorable! i just began re-collecting all of the vintage SS dolls. i was so obsessed as a kid, but then my little sister got to the dolls 17 years after me, and they met their demise. that hat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. my fanciful thirty-two year old would probably wear it!!!
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable is that!?! Anytime I see anything strawberry shortcake I can smell her. Weird, I know. Such a strong childhood memory for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Hopefully you can get Toot to model the hat - hope she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I love this hat but I can,t see the pettern,Can you please send me at suramos@live.com Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. is so pretty I do for my daughter because I sample the strawberry is simply perfect takes and follows my blog new flower http://crochepbebe.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you do the darker pink spots? I made this hat and it turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. do you have a link for the instructins??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails