Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Felt Like It Part 2

Hi everyone!

So remember last week when I posted I Felt Like It Part 1 where I showed you the super cute hat I was working on?

(Image from Crochet Today)

I talked about how my initial run through my Wonder Wash went well (alliteration, snap!) and my hat was looking dandy:


Flush from my awesome success, I quickly washed it again in hopes of smoothing out the seeable stitches even more and then...

I don't want to talk about it.


I shrank my hat. It's way too small and once again Toot will look more fashionable than I. I went through the 5 Stages of Crochet Grief:
Denial
Anger
Bargaining - "It'll stretch, it's still good, it's still good!"
Depression
Acceptance
Yes that's right, I am now the human Q-Tip. Although I suppose I could add flowers to it and be Thelma Harper from "Mama's Family":
(Image from TV Time Warp)

12 comments:

  1. ~ * ♥ * ~

    Ohnoes! Sorry to hear that Maggi ~ it was going so well! : ( Maybe you could turn into some sort of cute 1940s-1950s little cap thing?

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could wear it as a beanie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's just cute anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe that stinks...you make me laugh out loud though with your posts! I am sure Toot will appreciate a new hat though:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Now make another and you two can match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer Maggi! :(

    Love the photos of you though. It's pretty cool that Audrey gets to be uber fashionable though...you've living precariously through your gal...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, never mind! These things are sent to try us....... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, never mind! These things are sent to try us....... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! That's the problem with felting: it's so hard to know the magic moment when the piece is *perfect*. At least Toot has another cute hat?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer! Maybe you can try again!!!! I'm sure Toot will be happy to have another gorgeous accessory! I know the next one will be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails