Monday, January 30, 2012

Magnet Makeover

Hi everyone!

Okay, I can't be the only one that has a collection on crappy corporate magnets on my refrigerator, can I? You know, the ones businesses hand out for free? Like these:


My fridge was tired of being purely functional so I decided to "Gauche" it up by snagging these magnets and giving them a Gauche Alchemy makeover! I was given a series of Japanese Hello Kitty stamps and decided to incorporate those with my Moshi Moshi Kit to revamp the magnets. The fabric and patterned paper in the kit was the perfect background for these babies.


I added various pieces from multiple Mixed Media Color Kits (by far my favorite thing in the shop!).


This last one was the most labor intensive thing I've ever done. I cut a flower from the patterned paper, then got the bright idea to individually cut teeny tiny pieces of the sewing book page and glue them in the outside of the petals. (The I ran over them with Distress Ink.) Luckily the time consuming cutting was worth it.


I still have more boring magnets I'm going to makeover. Look out magnets, I'm comin' for you!

12 comments:

  1. This would make a great idea for a swapping site like Swap-bot to do. We all have these ugly magnets I am sure and to make them beautiful as you did would look so much better on that magnet board or refrig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover. We don't have too many of the corporate ones as our fridge got taken over by picture magnets from places we visit. It seemed a simple soveniour to bring home and it does make for interesting conversational pieces when people open the fridge door.

    I love the decorative ones you made though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are AWESOME - time well spent :D

    I need a magnet makeover too LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart! I hate lame magnets, but can't bring myself to throw them away. You really jazzed these up. They are all so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah way stinkin' cute and I bet your fridge is looking a little prettier now too! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute blog! A girlfriend mentioned you as we were talking about NC as my parents are heading down south from CA. Adding you to my google reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to send you more magnets for gauching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooooooooooo cute cute cute!!! Love these!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails