Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sewing Box

Hi everyone!

So yeah, I bought a little box frame at the thrift store for like, 60 cents or something. It sat in my craft room for the longest time but once I got the Moshi Moshi Mixed Media Paper Craft Kit from Gauche Alchemy, I noticed that it had these cool vintage sewing book pages and this thread card of well...thread. That gave me the spark I needed to dig out that little frame from under piles and piles of who knows what in my aforementioned Craft Room of Perpetual Chaos.


I first created the background using some of the sewing paper and then stamped onto that using the included PVC punchinella and blue and bronze paints. The rest came together when I decided that instead of using some of the thread off the card, I'd just glue the whole thing in there. lol I cut the woman out of another piece of sewing paper, drew lines on her dress and attached her using pop dots for some added depth.


I thought the thread card looked a little bare so I added the button from the kit and some crystal pins that I had saved from my wedding bouquet. See, hoarding does have its advantages! A little piece of PVC punchinella and the beaded string that comes with the kit and I was finished! A quick and easy project that's found the perfect home in my craft room. :)

Hey! Don't forget about my blogoversary giveaways: Day 1: Cupcake Hat and Day 2: Mini Albums and Chipboard and Day 3: Custom Cloche and Day 4: Gauche Alchemy and Day 5: Fab Five.

6 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME Maggi! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the vintage feel to it...and loving the thread card! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal pins from your wedding bouquet? Now that's what I call a classy accent! Lovely composition in that nice frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggi! This is really awesome!!! It does have such a cool vintage vibe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore this frame - gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails