Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It Might As Well Be Spring

Hi everyone!

So, am I the only one experiencing nutso weather this *quote* Winter *unquote*? I often complain around this time of year that I'm ready for Spring and it looks as though someone is listening because the weather has been crazy this "Winter". It's been sunny and warm, cold and rainy, hot cold hot cold, I feel like it's a total Katy Perry song this year. The trees in my yard are already starting to bud and like I said on Twitter yesterday, I'm afraid my kids will learn about seasons in History class.

Anyhoo, I decided to Spring it up and crocheted the Crocheted Stash Basket pattern from Purl Bee. I've made this bag a couple of times before and love it.

So I tried to get all creative and mimic grass, sky and clouds with the body of the bag and then crocheted some simple flowers and put them all over it. SPRING!

I also finished Jocelyn's cloche (I love hooking this pattern too!) that she won during my Three Not Four Year Blogoversary giveaway.


So in honor of this fake Winter-sort of Spring, here's "It Might As Well Be Spring" from 1945's "State Fair"



Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. CUTE!!!! How long does a lil' basket like this take, I wonder? Curious... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little tote you made is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeee it!! And Jocelyn's is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the tote and the cloche hat! Even the weather in Florida has been "strange" this year! Cool, hot, cool, hot and on and on! There's been no occasion this year for me to wear my winter sweaters...if I take them to the thrift store, next year we'll have snow down here...I'm as confused as the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super-cute little basket and hat :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea for the bag. I love it. It really does remind me of springtime! We just got another 3 inches of snow, so I guess winter's not done with us here in MN yet. I kind of wish it was. In my book, it might as well be spring *all* the time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sooo cute! Love your crocheted basket...very creative idea with the grass, sky and clouds...and the cloche is precious!

    Thank you for stopping by! I am a wee behind in my visits...

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I'd love if you get a chance to see my newest post of our daughter's progress for their little one's nursery...
    Oh and thank you for sharing that video clip...I love that musical :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute.. I've always wanted to have a crocheted 2-piece swimsuit =p hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling crochet projects! I love that basket/bag. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather is lovely. After the brutal snow and ice of last winter, this one has been amazing!

    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  10. your crochet pieces are beautiful!! you have a definite talent !!
    I am definitely waiting for spring!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh love that bag!!! I'd totally get the handled dirty in a split second though. I'm not good with white. Seems I'm always smeared with paint or chalks or dirt from the garden. I wash..don't get me wrong but still leave marks on anything light colored. It's a curse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Maggi! Your crocheting is seriously flawless! They are both beautiful, but I really love that bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails