Monday, February 20, 2012

Jane Gets A Life

Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to be one of 1,000 artists who snagged a spot in the Art House Co-op's 4x6 Exchange where you create a flat 4x6 card and send it to them. Yours goes off to a participant and you get one in return from someone else. Very cool little exchange and for whatever reason, inspiration smiled upon me and I'm already finished with mine. (I so love when that happens!)

You couldn't used anything three dimensional which is tough for me, I love my little bits and bobs that stick out a mile wide on my projects but I've decided that 2012 is all about trying new things - creatively speaking. So I jumped on signing up for this swap before thinking it through and for once was rewarded for leaping before looking. lol

I have no process pictures to show you but here's the short version:

-Cut cardboard to 4x6
-Mod Podged on a book page
-Added mists and inks
-Covered in a layer of beeswax
-Added inks to lady, words and lace trim
-Used toilet paper roll, wine cork and Distress Crackle Paints for embellishment

(I got the woman from a vintage ad and the words from a children's book page from our ACME Kit.)


Done and done! I hope whoever receives this likes it! I can't wait to see what comes to my mailbox in return. :D

21 comments:

  1. You are super speedy, Maggi!! Fab 4x6, inspiration really did come a-knocking on your door :o) Everything about it is superb - it'll be a lucky lucky recipient who gets this one (me me me?!!)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! That would be so cool if you got mine or vice versa!

      Delete
  2. Love it!
    And exchanges are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - super speedy!

    She's fabulous and I really love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeee this!!! LOVING that quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. clever idea and clever card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another of the 1000 and the chances of this one landing in my letterbox are thus 1/1000 but that's definitely better odds than the lottery so I'm keeping my hopes up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Sassy and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it - and what a great project! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I think your card turned out great. I am sure the recipient is going to love it. Can't wait to see the treat that comes your way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can they not LOVE it?! I know I do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails