Thursday, February 16, 2012

No, You Prove YOU'RE Not A Robot, Captcha

Hi everyone!

I don't usually post on Thursday and chances are this post will get buried between yesterday's post and tomorrow's Fab Five but I just couldn't take it anymore!

You know, I'm all for letting a blogger, on any platform, do what they need to do to get their blog the way they want it. You want to blare music? Fine. You want to add 1,000,000 blinkies and buttons in your sidebars? Fine. You want to talk about something cool without linking to it and force me to spend three hours on Google looking for what you were talking about? Fine. You want to moderate your comments? Fine. You want to make me enter a captcha when I leave a comment?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually, in reference to Blogger specifically, it hasn't been that bad. Enter some word and I can get on with my blog visits, okay sure. BUT something has happened recently to make me lose the few marbles I had left in my quest to visit and comment on as many blogs as I could.

Blogger has made their captcha harder and I don't mean in the fun "That's what she said" sort of way. I mean they saw how painful it was for me to enter in a simple word multiple times before getting it right and decided it was so hilarious to see me cry that they made it TWO words you have to enter and most of the time they're beyond comprehension. Are robots really that much of a threat? Even Cylons turned out okay in the end.

Maybe it's just me? Maybe I just need to put on my big blogger panties and quit my whining. Which I will but before I do that: When I get way too tired (or frustrated in this case) I tend to get a little silly and I decided to have some fun with captcha after attempting to comment on one blog FOUR times and getting it wrong every single time.














The best part was, after I got bored playing I misspelled the captcha on the blog I was visiting and had to write my comment over...

23 comments:

  1. Yeah ... that's a bit of a head-banger! But I love your little twist ... to bad Captcha didn't appreciate your creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear! This post had me ROFLing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Maggi. I did notice that the captcha words have gotten a bit out of hand. Because of your post, I just removed that feature from my blog. I KNOW you are a real person, friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Nice work on showing the Captcha who's boss. I really wish all bloggers would lighten up on Captcha. Do you really think your blog is going to get spammed? Even if it does, isn't it just faster to delete that comment rather than drive away valid commenters?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too!! I struggled this afternoon, so much so that I'm thinking of not bothering with commenting on the offending blogs. I CANNOT read these word verifications, therefore I must be a robot.

    x
    ps LOVE what you did in your verification boxes - shame there isn't someone somewhere monitoring them ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I noticed this yesterday and nothing I would put in would work on one comment! So, I'm off to reset my settingss..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I just talked about this this morning on my bloggy and last night on FB... ugh... soooooo frustrated!! But... I did NOT say it as funny as you!! You had me rolling on your entries!! I love you Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very frustrating!! My favourite is when they have the captcha AND then the comment isn't even visible until owner approval! What do they think we're giving away secret spy intel or something?!?! I must admit I had mine turned on for a while, but I had been getting a toonnnn of spam all of a sudden...but then I stopped caring and just delete the spam...Love the funny captcha curses! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing that I was writing was posting...This is a real pain in the a$$!!!!! Thanks for posting my thoughts EXACTLY!!!

    Love ya girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny....and those things get on my NERVES...If you don't like the commenter just delete it haha. I don't know that any robots have commented on my posts lately, but maybe they have:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just noticed this today too! I thought the aural version would be easier -- it is SCARY! I think I heard a backwards message or something ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha.. just for protection purposes I guess. But yeah.. it gets irritating sometime! =p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this is SO TRUE! The second word is my downfall- "e" looks like "o" "p" looks like "q" it's SO ANNOYING! That "that's what she said" made me burst out laughing- awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOOO so true. It's doubly annoying when you go through all that and then up pops a message saying your message will appear when it's been approved! WHAT? That torture wasn't enough?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree with you! OMG it is SOOO annoying. Like others have said, the worst part is when you have to put in those words and THEN they have comment moderation on..W..T...F? Most of the blogs I visit/comment on are crafting related...don't think there's a big market for messing with those people but good thing they have two layers of security in place. Sheesh. Also agree with the people who commented that people should just delete the spam...I think that's much easier than making us jump through those hoops to post a comment! Anyway, great post and if I click publish and you've enabled word verification, I'm going to laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. God i really hope my blogger blog doesnt have those evil things.......how do i know??? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I hate captcha, it's so annoying. I'm glad you don't have it on your blog. I can comment quicker and on more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amen! I wish we could make these go away. I want to be supportive; really I do. But sometimes I just can't take it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! I feel your pain! I hate have to refresh captcha because I can't figure out the word they are spelling. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my first thoughts upon commenting on your blog was 'thank god there's no captcha'. I just had to do three tries to comment on the last blog I visited and I'm tired of it. Captcha is just a pain. A lot more of a pain than the few 'spam' comments you might get if you don't have it. I don't have it and I have yet to get more than a couple spam comments. I think everyone should get rid of it. Commenting should not be that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crying. In tears from laughing. Thanks for all the laughs while I'm up at 5am nursing my baby girl. She's seriously like "what the freak with all the shaking, mom?!"

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL. This is awesome and so incredibly true. I was wondering if I was going nuts... captcha IS harder! If I strike out on the first try sometimes I just shut the browser in anger and never comment again. Word to the wise. Same with livefyre - seriously, do i have to sign up for service just to comment on your blog?!?!? No. Nope.

    I like your blog - I wish I had a creative bone in my hands, but I don't....

    ReplyDelete
  23. IKR?!?!?! i was wondering if anyone else hated these as much as me?!?!?! ARRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails