Monday, February 6, 2012

Smash It All

Hi everyone!

So one of my Fab Fives last week was Smash Book. I've done a couple of pages and thought I'd give you a peek. Sometimes I think creative types can become frustrated or overwhelmed by the amazing amount of tools, techniques and supplies available for projects. I further think this can be made worse by the internet which provides extremes between availability of inspiration and tutorials to time wasted surfing around and the feeling that what you make will never measure up to anything out there. It's amazing the pressure we can place on ourselves when doing something in the name of "enjoyment" or "relaxation".

All that load of crap to say that I decided that this Smash Book o' mine would be fun, that I would use a minimal amount of supplies for each page and that I would work on each page less than 10 minutes. My seemingly lackadaisical approach may show its slip but hey, I'm having fun and nuts to the rest of it.

Anyway, I'll shut up now so you can peruse the pages...


So this is my first page, I knew I wanted to add the yarn band since it said "Full O Sheep" which I think is hilarious. I found the chick in a magazine and loved her. *rwor* P.S.-This book really is full of sheep BTW.


This page came with the donkey and mouse talking to each other but I found this ad for Tiffany and changed what the mouse was saying to fit my own brand of humor. That is a big darn ring and it does look like it's going to crush these poor animals. Or probe them.


Here's me trying to wax philosophical. Aren't I the deep one? This page makes me feel like I should be sitting in a Starbucks, writing bad poetry on my laptop while Tweeting how lame my parents are on the cellphone they're paying for.


Toot helped me out with the one. Handprint, Tolkien quote. Bada-bing bada-boom. Done.

Easy enough, right?  Now, you can go crazy with technique and artistic bliss which I think is awesome. But sometimes the simple process works too.

8 comments:

  1. Your Smash book looks like lots of fun. That handprint is so precious :o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING Toot's handprint page...and that Tiffany one is FUNNY!!! LOL!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so AWESOME!!!!! I mean for the love mini-books~~~~ you rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just stopped by to see what you and Toots are up too..it's been a while..and once again you have entertained me thoroughly...I put a quick post on my blog about your blog and the smash book...thx for the fun! june

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh...so cute love the smash pages...I am getting closer and closer to getting mine out:) Still a little scared of it. I am making a trip to Archivers on Wednesday and can't wait to see what else they have to add to my Smash book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your sense of humour is reflected in your smash book. Hilarious. And totally fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. first of all..hey old friend how are you??! second I love this you have always been soo dang creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I'm so impressed with your wisdom too.

    P.S. Please tell me the donkey made it out okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails