Monday, February 13, 2012

Three Maiden Ladies

Hi everyone!

I have a new project to show you, a wall hanging I made using a tin sign I got on clearance from Hobby Lobby. Y'all know how much I *love* stalking the thrift stores and clearance aisles for cheap signs, frames and such to make over and I got lucky finding this tin sign with hooks already attached to the back to hang on the wall. (Longest sentence ever.)


I recently got the "Fashionista" paper pack from Graphic 45 and used that as the inspiration for this project. The biggest reason for starting this project was that I got some new inks that I'd like to use in my Sketchbook Project but since I'm a total ink noob I wanted to practice on something else first. So this thing was inked within an inch of its life. I started by inking these laces pieces my mum-in-law gave me:

Lace Pieces Pre-Ink

I ended up using the circle pieces as a stencil with Distress Stickles because they didn't turn out quite right. lol But let me tell you, inks are SO much fun to play with, even if I did end up spraying myself in the face once...okay, twice.


I got lucky with the line of text which I found in one of my old books, "Three maiden ladies who have lived impeccable lives..."  Unfortunately I added a layer of beeswax which made the paper transparent so the words are a little harder to read now.


I had a lot of fun on my "Ink Adventure" with these three maiden ladies!

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Maggi! I LOVE the colours, layers and the 'three maiden ladies' sentiment (which looks great btw, wax or no wax).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I definitely had a *face palm* moment when the paper went transparent from the wax. lol Duh!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh this is AWESOME! I love love love the colors and those gears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! The gears were a last minute addition but luckily it all worked out! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! It was fun to read about your ”ink adventure” and the result is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply amazing. I love it SO much. :) I'm inspired to give something like this a try! I have been sitting here reading your blog and laughing and thoroughly enjoying myself........it is awesome sauce!! :) Thank you so much for your visit to my blog, I appreciate it so much, AND it lead me here.......where I will be a devotee! :D <3 ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank so much Amy! That means a lot to me, hopefully I can keep you entertained! :D

      Delete
  5. Oooh...nicely done! Just love the little bits and pieces you've added to make this your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Y! I always think of you whenever I use mists. lol

      Delete
  6. I love it. You are too creative. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm still trying to get my Blanket Statement finished. LOL :/

      Delete
  7. Oh super cute girl! I love your new blog header as well! Looks great girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Kate Gabrielle did an awesome job on my blog look!

      Delete
  8. wow how awesome.... love how it turned out!I been wanting to try using the beeswax....thanks for the inspiration!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beeswax is a lot of fun to work with, I hope you get to try it!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh Maggi, this is amazing. What a great find at HL and you've made it even better! On an unrelated note, yet still a crafting thing...
    Since you are my crocheting friend, when I saw this on Pinterest, I immediately thought of you:
    http://www.demilked.com/brain-hat-alana-noritake/
    How weird is that hat??? I could see you making one of these for a future Toot Halloween costume accessory...or just to freak out her classmates one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha very cool hat indeed! Thanks for the link!

      Delete
  10. Wow!!!! You did such an awesome job, Maggi! I really love this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails