Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Create a Wall Hanging

Hi everyone!

Got a new project for you today that I did for Gauche Alchemy and it all started with a another thrift store find and Julie's background technique:


Following Julie's steps, I first created my background, I left the sewing pattern on there - accidentally because I apparently can't follow directions, lol (I did add some gel medium and glitter because...well, it's glitter.)  I let that dry and it turned out dark brown which was great but I really wanted to add some more colors to it.  I decided to sleep on it and in bed, my mind starting to think about all of the creative possibilities (yes, I even dream about making stuff, lol) which kept me awake so at about 1:00AM I said, "Screw it" and got back up to finish this wall hanging...and here it is:


I've been wanting to do something like this with Gauche Alchemy's Mixed Media Color Kits for a long time now. I've always pictured doing a rainbow or some sort of colorful something. For this project, I just referenced a color wheel and went from there.


I got out almost all of my color kits and started laying things out on the background. I was pretty proud of myself when I was finished until it hit me that I now had to go back through and glue all these pieces down. Oh well, I just went for it and finished up about 2:00AM I believe. I decided to add "Create" to the center to always remind me to get to making something. :D


I've always said that our Mixed Media Color Kits are my favorite thing in the shop and I was so happy to finally see this project in my head become a reality!

17 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!!! This is AMAZING Maggi!!! I just love love love love it!!!! WOW!!! Soooooooooo pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO cool! Love all the colors! Wowza! Good job, girlfriend! :)
    Hugs, HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Maggi! So cool...and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this! It's stunning.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out awesome! I like that you left the sewing tissue on. You can see its pattern peeking through. It adds another dimension to the piece. And to do a color wheel using our color kits? BRILLIANT (said in the voice of the doctors from the Guiness commercials)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a fun project! i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Look at that rainbow of colors. This is just stunning. Great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using the old patterns for the background...there is always an old pattern or two at the thrift store...I'll have to get one to use for something like this! AND I LOVE your rainbow color wheel! So pretty...I'd be hard put to come up with all those colorful objects though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect use of the color kits! and wow does it look good! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that! I need to do more playing like that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooooo cute! Love the blocks of colours with all the cute elements! Glad you finally got the project you envisioned done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! It reminds me of an I spy - rainbow style. So glad to meet you through SITS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally cool! I love all the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super fun. love how it turned out! Fabulous colourful details! I lay awake in bed and think of creative stuff too - sometimes it drives me crazy - ya know, the struggle between needing sleep so badly and the NEED to create, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh!! I really like your "accidental" part :o) And the colors and textures throughout. I've had ideas and projects keep me up or find that I dream about them ;o) Yours came out wonderful!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Thank you for your lovely visit :o) I love to find that you've been by with your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails