Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Night Fab Five

Hi everyone and welcome to another Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I'm digging this week. Here we go!

1. How To Video: Hair Chalking



So okay, I JUST bought chalk pastels last week for my Blythe doll (and projects on general) then I come across this tutorial by Kandee Johnson showing how to use them to color your hair. Love!

2. The Rock-afire Explosion

Image Credit

The Rock-afire Explosion was the animatronic band that played in Showbiz Pizza Place, a kids pizza restaurant that I LOVED going to when I was a kid in the 80s (most of them were later turned into Chuck E. Cheese's). You have no idea how many birthday parties I went to at Showbiz and one of my favorite things was watching The Rock-afire Explosion band. Flipping through Netflix the other night, I discovered a documentary on the band...AWESOME.

3. Clorox Poops



We're in the midst of potty training Toot and it is not going well. When I saw this commercial, I laughed out loud, then I felt her pain...then I was praying Toot would poop in the tub. At least she'd be going somewhere...


4. The Real Housewives of Disney



Anyone that's watched The Real Housewives of various places and knows the Disney Princesses will love this skit from last week's Saturday Night Live. Classic! And speaking of one of the Disney Housewives...


5. Kristen Wiig



I just love me some Kristen Wiig. She's brilliant on SNL and it goes without saying that I loved her in Bridesmaids. I wanna be BFF with her!

And there you have it, another Friday Night Fab Five for the ages! What were your favorites this week?

15 comments:

  1. I love Kristen Wiig! Good luck with the potty training!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would I be an "aging gracefully" sort of gal if I chalked my hair?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could totally pull it off Theanne!

      Delete
  3. OMYGOSH... I saw that Housewives of Disney on SNL... and COULD NOT stop laughing!! One of their best skits in the past 10 years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you tried the hair chalking yet? looks pretty cool! potty training is not fun! i trained all 3 of my boys at the same time..omg, my bathroom was a disaster for weeks! lol i heard girls are supposed to be easier to train..not mine! now i've got a 4 month old -so more training to come. eekk! lol hope you are having a fun weekend! i like your fab five lists..i went back and looked at older ones, too. ~hl

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hair chalking looks neat...I've never dyed my hair, but letting these white hairs do their thing...but hm...wonder if black or brown chalk would work, if I decide they are needing some cover up. lol
    I remember Showbiz Pizza (but didnt realize that Chuck E. Cheese's were once Showbiz Pizza Places). Love that commercial too! :o)All the best to Potty successes at your place. I want to see that movie Bridesmaids :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Thank you dear Maggi (oops, I had a typo, I know to spell your name "Maggi", but I accidentallly added an "e' on the end). for your congratulations on our grandbaby's birth :o) Our daughter and baby are doing very well...& so is our son-in-law :o) Looking forward to flying out to see them! Wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my kids already invented hair chalking a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love the hair chalking! What a great idea. Bridesmaids was hilarious, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo coloured chalks in your hair? GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chalk hair! Yes! I might pin my daughter down today and try it on her red hair. Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late to the party. :( Chalk hair? Wow - that is really cool. :) Much good luck on the potty training - I remember there are some fun books for kids on the subject - like Everyone Poops (yup, that is really a book!) and the Potty Book for Girls. Disney Housewives was by far my favorite skit of the night!!!! I laughed and laughed and laughed. And I adore Kristen Wiig, too. I could probably watch Bridesmaid EVERY DAY and not get tired of it. Melissa McCarthy was so awesome in it. As for Kristen, the day she leaves SNL will be a sad one, as we'll never see The Target Lady anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a Real Housewives person, but that Disney clip was awesome! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails