Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Night Fab Five

Hi everyone! Welcome to another Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I'm lovin' for the week. :D

1. Commentaries



If I love (read: become obsessed with) a TV show or movie, chances are I'll buy it on DVD/Blu-ray. And the first special feature I look for is the commentary. I love listening to creators, actors and other people working on a project to talk about how things came about or even better, how much they themselves love the show/movie. The Simpsons, Battlestar Galactica, Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Game of Thrones all get my vote for awesome commentary. Like this one from Game of Thrones were some of the kid actors sing along to the theme song.

2. Psych
Image Credit
I'm sure I've mentioned Psych in a Fab Five before but it bears repeating. This is one of the freakin' funniest shows ever. A lot of the comedy reminds me of the Cary Grant/Katharine Hepburn movies where half the funniest lines were delivered under their breath. Plus, lots of geek nods going on, love it!

3. This Quote From Walt Disney

Image Credit: My TV :P

You know, I don't think Meet the Robinsons got half as much love as it should have when it came out. I LOVE this movie and it makes me cry every time I watch it. This quote pops up at the end of the movie and I get chills just blogging about it.

4. This Vodka Commercial



I have no clue what the heck is going on in this commercial (this is the long as all get out version BTW)...but I do want a drink now. It's like Tron meets Polaroid meets who the heck knows what. Drink up!

5. Best Proposal Ever



Twinkie Chan posted this on her blog a while back of a friend proposing to his girlfriend. It's really awesome. It's a longer video but so worth watching!

And there you have it, another Friday Night Fab Five for the ages! Done and done. What were your favorites this week?

9 comments:

  1. one of my Friday "Fab Fives" is reading about and watching your "Fab Fives"! Don and I used to watch "Psych", great show! Walt Disney was a genius! Vodka's not my drink of choice, kind of half way followed the commercial...sort of a matrix thing and it doesn't matter which "greyhound" won, 'cause you've still got the Absolut Vodka...yeah baby! And I love(d) the cupcake proposal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, awesome proposal... just loved the tar out of it. >:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeee that proposal!!! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, that proposal was AMAZING :-D Guys all over the world have a lot to live up to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE commentaries! My friends used to make fun of me, but they're also part of why I love DVDs (special features/behind the scenes too). One of my favourite commentaries EVER is the Goonies cast on the DVD. So much fun!
    Mr.Disney- such an inspiration and a reason for happiness in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! Love Meet The Robinson's!!! My hubbs TOTALLY laughs at me every time we watch it 'cuz I always cry at the end! It's kinda the "ugly" cry, too...all hiccup-y and just enough snort to draw attention from the entire room...That quote gets me every time. I grew up in Florida (aka Mickey Town!) and it just reminds me of my childhood :-) MAN!!! Now I gotta go wake up my kiddos and hug them!! I feel all emotional...***sniff***

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally loving the game of throne's video! funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I just say I love you even more since I know you love Psych? May I?

    And "Meet the Robinsons" is just wonderful. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when there's an actor's commentary and they just start going off on tangents about things that happened on set but aren't 100% pertinent to what's going on on-screen. It's just being let in on the joke.

    And, of course, if you listened to the Meet the Robinsons commentary then you know that the "keep moving forward" in the end quote was a total coincidence. I get shivers ever time I see it come up on the screen as I'm happy-tearing and the sweetness of the ending montage.

    Oh, and we're totally using Little Wonders as our recessional for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails